Mercedes-Benz Signature Sound DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off :ROFLMAO: 2ndly cancel your orders noooooooooooooooooooooow!!!

Fed Ex showed up today - box within a box - nice white box with part number - and saw DISCRETE SURROUND TEST DVD AUDIO - went uh oh :unsure:

Open white box - there is a cd jewel case with a green dvd in it with Mercedez Benz on it and DVD Audio so going hmmmmm

Stick thing in me thingy and it shows up as DVD Audio - hmmm ok.........after about 30 seconds up comes a screen with front right front left etc.........Snood is like realllly?? So hit the play it goes through all the channels with word description and sound test. Then back to the Front left etc screen .....Nooooooooooooooooothing else LMAO:rolleyes: So Yeah

Put in return request for this thing will see if they koo with return or gotta go the CC contest charge route

Snood got Huckleberried :ROFLMAO:

Bender you can rest easy :LB

See the source image
DAMMIT: ALL I GET IS TEST TONES

Well Snood submitted return ticket, but said ahhhhhhh let me call tooooo

Guy named Mike picks up..........tell him umm yeah sent me a test disc and not a 5.1 music disc. The description left off test disc. So he was like umm yeah send it back, was like to where - he was kinda quick like. Then he said what;s the deal on that thing because I got like 18 orders for that in one day that went out. I asked 18 went out? he says not all but yeah.........Snood say well then you might get a lot of returns because it is only a test disc. He is like what does it do? Wellllllll tell him it supposed to be a music disc according to the description , but this is a test disc, so all it does is emit sounds from your speakers to make sure u have the fronts and rear left right set up correctly.

He didn't sound happy.

Was like yeah send it back, asked what gets refunded.........he says we do not refund shipping. So figure sending back, hmmm 5ish bux paid 28 plus 5 return shipping = 33 minus 12 for item = Snood out 21

So thinking maybe contesting total charge might be better way to go. :unsure: :rolleyes: :unsure:

Was worth a try :giggle:

Guy named Mike picks up..........tell him umm yeah sent me a test disc and not a 5.1 music disc. The description left off test disc. So he was like umm yeah send it back, was like to where - he was kinda quick like. Then he said what;s the deal on that thing because I got like 18 orders for that in one day that went out. I asked 18 went out? he says not all but yeah.........Snood say well then you might get a lot of returns because it is only a test disc. He is like what does it do? Wellllllll tell him it supposed to be a music disc according to the description , but this is a test disc, so all it does is emit sounds from your speakers to make sure u have the fronts and rear left right set up correctly.

He didn't sound happy.

Was like yeah send it back, asked what gets refunded.........he says we do not refund shipping. So figure sending back, hmmm 5ish bux paid 28 plus 5 return shipping = 33 minus 12 for item = Snood out 21

So thinking maybe contesting total charge might be better way to go. :unsure: :rolleyes: :unsure:

Well much appreciation for being the Guinea Snood :love:

He didn't sound happy.

Well, Snood, all I can say is lucky it was only a few fins ...... and not a Hamilton.

And the real irony .... I'm sure a lot of people that were given those FREE DVD~A 5.1s with their luxury Mercedes either never played them or chucked 'em away in the garbage!

fwiw i held out til someone sold their SL owners' manual/wallet thingy on eBay,
there's one up for sale on there now with the precious Surround DVD.. not cheap but here you are!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/332876038625
2013 Mercedes-Benz sl owners manual

nhpsmNL.jpg

This lot has BOTH surround discs, as that white case that's placed higher than the other four is the "Sounds of NYC" surround disc, with the excellent lead off track "You Lift Me Up" - worth the price of the whole lot!

This lot has BOTH surround discs, as that white case that's placed higher than the other four is the "Sounds of NYC" surround disc, with the excellent lead off track "You Lift Me Up" - worth the price of the whole lot!

Jon, is THIS the version of You Lift Me Up you're referencing:

He didn't sound happy.

I would love to see a video, in 5.1 surround, of this fellow "Mike" and his cohorts when the other 18 demand refunds...or more likely when the charges are contested. The lack of knowledge of one's product can be costly...especially so when dealing with surround sound geeks!

I would love to see a video, in 5.1 surround, of this fellow "Mike" and his cohorts when the other 18 demand refunds...or more likely when the charges are contested. The lack of knowledge of one's product can be costly...especially so when dealing with surround sound geeks!

But, ar, I'm sure Mike and his cohorts sold the disc in good faith not knowing what knowledgeable and picky QQers really wanted ......after all that 'elusive' disc was part of the 2012 owner's manual....a lifetime away! So for the love of Mike don't be too harsh on him.

Arrived - fast service. I figured people would want to see the actual tracklist (click the thumbnail to expand). Will listen later.

View attachment 43529View attachment 43530View attachment 43531

Wow, ubertrout ..... IMO well worth the Hamilton. And a nice classical selection from some pretty impressive labels [SFS/2L]. The second disc not so impressive with a lot of sound effects, etc. although JON swears the second Gospel Cut is alone worth the price of admission.

But, ar, I'm sure Mike and his cohorts sold the disc in good faith not knowing what knowledgeable and picky QQers really wanted ......after all that 'elusive' disc was part of the 2012 owner's manual....a lifetime away! So for the love of Mike don't be too harsh on him.

Did you order one? Probably not. Heaven help those who incur the wrath of the 4-earredwonder! 🤣

Did you order one? Probably not. Heaven help those who incur the wrath of the 4-earredwonder! 🤣

Well that second disc with flies buzzing, traffic and subway sounds I could do without. I already have an excellent GOSPEL mch SACD in surround ....... and what does one do with a 2012 Mercedes Owner manual ..... hawk it at the local diner.........in exchange for a bacon, swiss cheese 3 egg omelet with home fries [and hopefully NO buzzing flies]?

Shoo Fly ....You Bother ME!

Last edited:
Wow, ubertrout ..... IMO well worth the Hamilton. And a nice classical selection from some pretty impressive labels [SFS/2L]. The second disc not so impressive with a lot of sound effects, etc. although JON swears the second Gospel Cut is alone worth the price of admission.
We'll see? I've already relisted it on eBay without the discs, we'll see if I recoup most of my cost or not.

Back