OOP Jethro Tull SW 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitztorte

Hello. I am very late to the Jethro Tull remixes party by Steven Wilson. I have just now bought Heavy Horses 40th SW 5.1 box [new] and the Aqualung 40th SW 5.1 box [used] but of course I can no longer find Thick as a Brick 40th SW 5.1 box, Songs from the Wood 40th SW 5.1 box or Minstrel in the Gallery 40th SW 5.1 box. I see them on eBay or Amazon US resellers for $300+ or a lot more.

Any suggestions where I can keep an eye open for the above three JT 40th Anniv box sets for sale or trade? Any chance they could get re-issued?

Thank you!

Hello. I am very late to the Jethro Tull remixes party by Steven Wilson. I have just now bought Heavy Horses 40th SW 5.1 box [new] and the Aqualung 40th SW 5.1 box [used] but of course I can no longer find Thick as a Brick 40th SW 5.1 box, Songs from the Wood 40th SW 5.1 box or Minstrel in the Gallery 40th SW 5.1 box. I see them on eBay or Amazon US resellers for $300+ or a lot more.

Any suggestions where I can keep an eye open for the above three JT 40th Anniv box sets for sale or trade? Any chance they could get re-issued?

Thank you!
Try Discogs Jethro Tull 40th - but I think most are expensive there as well

Be careful with SONGS FROM THE WOOD -- some of the early discs are defective! And, as we've found, you can't entirely go by the code -- don't pay a lot without having a money back guarantee. . . .

What was the problem with Songs From The Wood, I don't recall this one having any issues???

Thank you!

Did you get the 2016 Aqualung 'Adapted Edition' in book form or the 2011 boxset?

Did you get the 2016 Aqualung 'Adapted Edition' in book form or the 2011 boxset?
I ordered the 40th Anniv 5 disc Collector's Edition used from an Amazon reseller. I just received the order from the reseller today and they shipped the 2CD 40th Anniv Special Edition instead. I just requested a refund since it was the Collector's Edition that was advertised. Very disappointed.

Hello. I am very late to the Jethro Tull remixes party by Steven Wilson. I have just now bought Heavy Horses 40th SW 5.1 box [new] and the Aqualung 40th SW 5.1 box [used] but of course I can no longer find Thick as a Brick 40th SW 5.1 box, Songs from the Wood 40th SW 5.1 box or Minstrel in the Gallery 40th SW 5.1 box...
If you haven't already, I'd recommend considering two of the less in-demand albums (This Was and Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll...) for their surround mixes. I appreciate they didn't reach the lofty heights of the other 40th anniversary releases on the polls, but each garnered its fair share of 9s. :) May I please ask where you found the Heavy Horses set, new? I might purchase a copy.

I passed on Aqualung in 2011, and am really glad I sprung for the Adapted Edition a couple of years ago at RRP. Tull's brand of prog rock never grabbed me, especially, though a friend from uni put me on to Aqualung. I now regret not exploring their catalogue more, as I might rather like Stand Up. šŸ˜… Whoops.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend considering two of the less in-demand albums (This Was and Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll...) for their surround mixes. I appreciate they didn't reach the lofty heights of the other 40th anniversary releases on the polls, but each garnered its fair share of 9s. :) May I please ask where you found the Heavy Horses set, new? I might purchase a copy.

I passed on Aqualung in 2011, and am really glad I sprung for the Adapted Edition a couple of years ago at RRP. Tull's brand of prog rock never grabbed me, especially, though a friend from uni put me on to Aqualung. I now regret not exploring their catalogue more, as I might rather like Stand Up. šŸ˜… Whoops.
Yeah, I really enjoy the old Tull of Stand Up and This Was.

I found Heavy Horses [new] on Amazon.com. I am trying to play catch-up now. I will look for those others too. Thanks.

I ordered the 40th Anniv 5 disc Collector's Edition used from an Amazon reseller. I just received the order from the reseller today and they shipped the 2CD 40th Anniv Special Edition instead. I just requested a refund since it was the Collector's Edition that was advertised. Very disappointed.

Maybe that's a blessing in disguise if you're refunded. Sound-wise, you are better off with the 2016 bookset. Several glitches were corrected, new transfers done and more songs included. The only downside is that the surround mix isn't in lossless.

Maybe that's a blessing in disguise if you're refunded. Sound-wise, you are better off with the 2016 bookset. Several glitches were corrected, new transfers done and more songs included. The only downside is that the surround mix isn't in lossless.
I didnā€™t know more songs were later included. But besides true high-res lossless, I know you also get a lovely pressed LP of the new Wilson mix, and a much larger hard bound book only with the older original set.

I have both. A few years ago I read here on QQ that one of the retailers was blowing out the giant box set for $29
So I grabbed one. Never opened it. Yes I prefer lossless but really these DTS versions are listenable. Very listenable.

I did get a refund. Any idea if the 2016 bookset can still be found anywhere for a reasonable price? Thanks.

Back