Steven Wilson The Future Bites Tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimumtumbleweed

300 Club - QQ All-Star
This isn't really about Steven Wilson's recording work per se, but I do find it interesting that he's going to be playing in larger arenas. Wonder how that will affect the controlled sound he always goes for in his concerts. I believe in his last tour, he had quadraphonic sound, but he was also in smaller venues mostly.

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/announcing-the-future-bites-tour/

I was surprised to read in an article about the new album and tour:

Steven Wilson is currently putting finishing touches to the follow-up to To The Bone with producer David Kosten (Bat for Lashes, Everything Everything, Keane) for release in summer 2020.

When was the last time that he used another producer?

This isn't really about Steven Wilson's recording work per se, but I do find it interesting that he's going to be playing in larger arenas. Wonder how that will affect the controlled sound he always goes for in his concerts. I believe in his last tour, he had quadraphonic sound, but he was also in smaller venues mostly.

Yay, thanks for starting the topic!

I know....
I don't know what he is planning... but I am so afraid that venue will be half-full and he'd loose money. Or possible he's betting on his new album to be a record hit? Or he wants a big stage = screen for more visual enhancement? My mind swings from excitement to worry, already.

At his concert in Februrary in a small theater, the sound was moving around me and I was like "where they are coming from!!" looking around over and over. :D Those rear speakers re-ignited my passion for quadraphonic sound which lead me here.

Meanwhile, the very last concert this year in Kiev was in a big venue. There are many rear speakers among back balcony seats. Those really didn't help me sitting near the stage, though. So, good question, minimumtumbleweed!

I am hoping he will do separate tours in smaller venues! Love the intimacy of small venue so much.

I got some tickets for Nottingham. Pre-sale had sold out, yet I was still able to get seats in the front block. Arena gigs only work for me if I can be close to the stage rather than half a mile back where it seems I am not part of the concert anymore. It's a long way from when I saw him at Wolverhampton civic hall. Mind you I wish him success, he's been a long time in the business and I want to support his music and mixing.

I got some tickets for Nottingham. Pre-sale had sold out, yet I was still able to get seats in the front block. Arena gigs only work for me if I can be close to the stage rather than half a mile back where it seems I am not part of the concert anymore. It's a long way from when I saw him at Wolverhampton civic hall. Mind you I wish him success, he's been a long time in the business and I want to support his music and mixing.

I agree and I'm with him. However the next album is, I'm sure the gigs will be amazing as they always are. I managed to get 7th row at the O2 somehow :) and the ticket was "only" £76, which is cheap for an O2 gig.

Mostly, the arena gig just means he probably won't make it to my neck of the woods. I wish him luck, but I would like to see him concert again hopefully.

I agree and I'm with him. However the next album is, I'm sure the gigs will be amazing as they always are. I managed to get 7th row at the O2 somehow :) and the ticket was "only" £76, which is cheap for an O2 gig.

Hey, I too managed to get two tickets in Row X Block A2, after much mashing of numbers!!
Very surprised and happy with that..as pre-sale said sold out, so I thought I would end up in the God's!!!
Roll on next September

Sadly London & definitely Nottingham are too a long trek from down here in the wilderness for an evening out, 20 or 30 years ago I'd have done it!

I guess those are called second spring?
His music has waken my passion for life last year and turned me into a crazy fangirl ;) :love::love:

I am going as many future bites gigs as I can handle and already planned and bought tickets for Nottingham, O2, Milano and Warsaw. Of course Amsterdam is my backup plan!

I didn’t have an option for e-ticket for Warsaw and I was so afraid ticket would never arrive. But behold! It arrived!

Sooooo, I needed to share the pic of my silly ticket!! (and yes, it's cut by hand?? Top end is not square 😅

I am so looking forward to. Feeling like a 7 years old waiting for xmas. Argh. 10 months......

warszawa.jpg

Back