The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GEEZ, You would 'a thunk Baggy got a GOLDEN TICKET from Willy Wonka!!!!!!

FB_IMG_1571790362607.jpg

And Folks .....What a Chunk o' Chocolate!!!!!!

Last edited:
Mine is still in transit from DD, but today I did receive my copy of the Robyn Hitchcock-Andy Partridge EP; does that count? It's really good, and at least a little bit trippy, and it's got the kind of stereo soundfield that sounds as though it would decode really nicely through SPEC or a SurroundMaster. (Sounds great in both all-channel stereo and Dolby Surround.)

robyn-hitchcock-andy-partridge.jpg

Mine is still in transit from DD, but today I did receive my copy of the Robyn Hitchcock-Andy Partridge EP; does that count? It's really good, and at least a little bit trippy, and it's got the kind of stereo soundfield that sounds as though it would decode really nicely through SPEC or a SurroundMaster. (Sounds great in both all-channel stereo and Dolby Surround.)

I just headphoned Gonwards the other day and it was super great.
FB_IMG_1571883155508.jpg

In the same boat here, waiting for my copy to arrive from the Shed. 🤬

I've been digging Planet England as well. Apparently Andy & Robin are working on more new music. :rocks

Listening to this now-
Anybody wanting a fun psychedelic flashback experience with aggressive surround -

THIS IS IT! :)
Sign me up. Can’t wait to get my copy!

I feel this could be Steven Wilson’s most aggressive and chance-taking surround mix. Since Andy Partridge and the boys were having a ball pretending to be a psychedelic 60s band, Steven should have close to free reign on the surround mix. At least that’s what I’m hoping for!

Guess Amazon was wrong. Just received a text that says it shipped, and will arrive tomorrow. October 25. I'm out of town on business till late Saturday night....
Strangely, my ImportCDs shipment status indicates it’s already in Pittsburgh, only a 2 hour drive from me, but the expected delivery date is next Tuesday, October 29! WTF?

First postcard that fell out of the package:

IMG_2099.jpg
i nearly had a Psychotic Reaction

U N T I L
IMG_2100.JPG
Good Morning!

lipstening now! psonic blippss! wondering if I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night!
This is E X A C T L Y the sort of release I was looking for when I sought relief from my cravings--(k)no(w) drugs needed to transcend the box of space and time!

Last edited:
Back