What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paramount Pictures Presents The Godfather Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD-4)

Nice score! I have that one as well - it's a great collectible, but unfortunately the quad mix is strictly ambience. Supposedly there is also a Paramount CD-4 release of the Love Story soundtrack, but I've never even seen a picture of it.

Nice score! I have that one as well - it's a great collectible, but unfortunately the quad mix is strictly ambience. Supposedly there is also a Paramount CD-4 release of the Love Story soundtrack, but I've never even seen a picture of it.

why them JVC baaaaaastids is gonna wind up swimmin’ with da fishes in a concrete overcoat with their pockets full of pebbles and a horses’ head in their bedssss the filthy cockaroaches!!! 🎺🔨🧨🔪💣🚽🚬⚰️🧸

CD4W-7014 is the catalogue number 📒 🧐🤓😜

This is actually what I was curious about (and wadya know steelydave> contributor):

https://www.discogs.com/Louis-Armstrong-Louis-Country-Western-Armstrong/release/9130318

I have that, don't waste your money. As much as I love Satch, this is a horrible waste of plastic. The separation is good, the musicianship is more than competent, but Satch must have been having a really bad day when he recorded this. I paid no where near the high prices I hear about and still want change back, Buy 4 0r 5 D-V discs instead. Until I heard this, I would have believed that Satch could never make a bad record, BOY was I wrong. If you want a good Satch does country, get the Columbia release of him and Johnny Cash from private tapes.

Looks PRIMO, Adam. Is it discrete?

musically lovely, Ralpheeo.. as an example of a vinyl record its a clicky poppy swooshy load of old shit.. the mix is mostly ambient as sjc says, with the odd thing popping up in a channel, or rather i should say emphasised in one channel but still present in the other 3 at lower level, just to remind you you're listening to some sort of surround!

musically lovely, Ralpheeo.. as an example of a vinyl record its a clicky poppy swooshy load of old shit.. the mix is mostly ambient as sjc says, with the odd thing popping up in a channel, or rather i should say emphasised in one channel but still present in the other 3 at lower level, just to remind you you're listening to some sort of surround!

When Paramount and Francis Ford finally do a NATIVE 4K Dolby Atmos remaster of the Godfather Trilogy, dear Adam, that will be the time for you to go 4K.........

Image result for the godfather photos

When Paramount and Francis Ford finally do a NATIVE 4K Dolby Atmos remaster of the Godfather Trilogy, dear Adam, that will be the time for you to go 4K.........

why not, i've got the Godfather movies on VHS, Laserdisc, DVD & Blu-ray already, in for a penny and all that! i am hoping to go 4K & Atmos someday.. 😁

Finally got a copy of the CD-4 quad of "The Great Waldo Pepper" soundtrack - an excellent quad mix as were its companion recordings I managed to purchase some years ago "Jaws" and "Earthquake". Once upon a time I thought I would never own any of these treasures.

Back