The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday and I immediately burnt it and stuck it on my iPhone so I could listen on the way to work and back..... it’s fabulous! This morning I finished listening to the last half of it after dropping the wife off at the heliport at 6:30am and took the long way home. I think this is a glorious tribute to the sixties and psychedelia. I can’t believe how much fun it is, it made me smile, laugh and hum along all on my first ever listen! Gearing up for the surround mix next!

This surround mix is off the chain!!! The voice at the end of My Love Explodes sounds like it’s behind and above my head floating there! Brilliantly done. Comparing this t o Storm watch you wouldn’t believe they were done by the same person, chalk and cheese spring to mind.

Finally received my copy today - with an EI EI Owen postcard (y)
IMG_20191102_173916.jpg

Quick question, when I load this disc I can use the cursor on my remote to navigate the menus fine but once I start playing the 2019 5.1 mix and the track listing appears I can only use the Next / Last track buttons and can no longer navigate to a particular track or to a different menu with the cursor, anyone else have this issue? Audio is fine...

Anyone??? ;)

Received mine yesterday and listened all the way through this morning. What a head trip! Well done for sure. A few standout tracks that I will surely return to (Mole From the Ministry being one example). Definitely a 60’s vibe right down to the “lo-fi” garage analog sound. You can tell the big difference when they bring in newer technology for the more recently recorded Black Jeweled Serpent of Sound.

The LPCM 5.1 track played great. However, the DTS-HD MA track played with that extremely high volume white noise that I’ve experienced on one or two other discs. My player is an Oppo BDP-83. Anyone else experience this? One of the these days something like that is going to fry my speakers.

I received this about two weeks ago and had not even opened it, then I read thru this thread and saw peoples autographs, so I opened just now, no signatures, I'll listen tomorrow.

Need a ripping tip on this release:
I use MKV and then MMH for tagging. Usually pretty simple but this release has 3 multiples of the same track list.
What I am confused on after the rip which is 2019 Stereo and which is Original Stereo.
I was just as confused with the 5.1, Demos, and Instrumental but all I had to do was listen and then manually tag.
In no way would I be able to tell what is 2019 stereo remix or Original Stereo.
I thought of putting disc in and looking at monitor and see how they are stacked in menu.

if you play the mkv file it should show you what you are listening too.
If it doesn't let me know and I will tell you which stream is which.

Back