The Oppo 103

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m curious if a number of SSDs could be used together on a powered USB tree?
Probably via a USB hub and USB to SATA interfaces to each SSD.

A RAID set-up NAS connected to the router would be better. One thing is it is very difficult if not nigh on impossible to retrieve data from failed SSDs (which are just FLASH memories), HDDs can be manipulated to get back a lot even after failing.

Probably via a USB hub and USB to SATA interfaces to each SSD.

A RAID set-up NAS connected to the router would be better. One thing is it is very difficult if not nigh on impossible to retrieve data from failed SSDs (which are just FLASH memories), HDDs can be manipulated to get back a lot even after failing.

...or set up a server.

I am however using a Firestick 4K plugged into the HDMI port of my Oppo. The stick runs Kodi with the PlexKodiConnect add-on and my media stored on a Plex server.

User interface is much better than the vanilla Oppo. It also has a bi-directional remote that works on any web browser. Bit perfect audio support so no audio loss and streaming DTS FLACs over Plex server work great. Considering the stick is $25, it is a great option.

I’m curious if a number of SSDs could be used together on a powered USB tree?
I don't see why this wouldn't work. I would think that it would all be the same to the Oppo. But as always it's important to have double backups of anything that you don't want to lose. 40 years in IT taught me that.

I’m backed up 3 different ways, SSD, HDD & cloud; sounding like my body as I get older :ROFLMAO::(
With me it's a backup on another HD as well as usually on a Blu-Ray disc. I have SSD on my computer but don't use them for music/video. A 4TB SSD is a lot more money than a 4TB HD.

Last edited:
We me it's a backup on another HD as well as usually on a Blu-Ray disc. I have SSD on my computer but don't use them for music/video. A 4TB SSD is a lot more money than a 4TB HD.
The way I buy my SSD (yeah crazy expensive still, but half what they were just a year ago) is Amazon Prime lets me pay in 6 monthly installments with no interest. I’m only buying 2TB.

I’m backed up 3 different ways, SSD, HDD & cloud; sounding like my body as I get older :ROFLMAO::(

Speaking of the cloud, I've somewhat recently started using Jottacloud and am so far pretty happy with it. It's unlimited, but they slow your speed down after 5TB. I do the backups via rclone, which allows me to encrypt when I choose to.

I have no connection to them, don't get a kickback, etc. Actual mileage will be lower, don't use if pregnant, offer not good after curfew in Sectors R or N, etc.

Back