What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a Q8 /Q4 , but it is a tape (QSC). Just came in . Been lookin for a long time for this one. RM encoded. Also got the AHM QSC tape last Saturday from France. It doesn't have the outer sleeve, just the yellow inner.
Is there a special piece of gear to hear this or just stereo cassette with decoder?

Hi. All

More Q8 came in today for my pile...

( London. Q8 -LEQ44190 -Ronnie Aldrich Come to Where The Love Is :Factory Sealed New )-
( London. Q8 -LEQ44209 -Ronnie Aldrich The Way We Where :Factory Sealed New )-

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

Well, I finally have my setup so I can make "back-ups", both digital (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 24/96) and analog (either 7 1/2 or 3 3/4 ips on 1/4" open reel-to-reel tape) so I am starting to revisit my "treasures" collected over the previous two years of setting up my vintage quad system! :)

Unfortunately the car use (the 1975 Audiovox unit) partly destroyed the tape (it ate some of it once, I got it back in one piece, but slight distortions in certain places, perhaps I can "fix" the digital copy for a better listening experience in the future), I was just too eager to hear this one!

Other than that, the tape sounds GREAT! I love the mix!

BTW why could I not find a poll or a thread about this release in here?

Is it because I wasn't searching with the correct spelling? I tried both "Frank Zappa" and "The Mothers" and "Over-NIte Sensation", well maybe someone will post a link to previous discussions about this fantastic mix.

Man, how I love a song like "Zomby Woof"! :D

Well, I finally have my setup so I can make "back-ups", both digital (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 24/96) and analog (either 7 1/2 or 3 3/4 ips on 1/4" open reel-to-reel tape) so I am starting to revisit my "treasures" collected over the previous two years of setting up my vintage quad system! :)

Unfortunately the car use (the 1975 Audiovox unit) partly destroyed the tape (it ate some of it once, I got it back in one piece, but slight distortions in certain places, perhaps I can "fix" the digital copy for a better listening experience in the future), I was just too eager to hear this one!

Other than that, the tape sounds GREAT! I love the mix!

BTW why could I not find a poll or a thread about this release in here?

Is it because I wasn't searching with the correct spelling? I tried both "Frank Zappa" and "The Mothers" and "Over-NIte Sensation", well maybe someone will post a link to previous discussions about this fantastic mix.

Man, how I love a song like "Zomby Woof"! :D
You may be right, I only found "Apostrophe"... What up?

Enoch the Rad - QUADULAR
Enoch the Rad - ON GUITAR

Attachments

• Quadular.jpg
    Quadular.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 210
  • ETR on Guitar.jpg
    ETR on Guitar.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 217
Hi. All

Back with some back log of tapes..

( EMI. Angle Q4 AAXA-3501Z -Symphony No.6 in B Minor 'Pathetique' : another Japanese Reel to Reel )-
( Project3 Q8 PRQ8-5086 -Enoch Light Great Gatsby Era )-
( Project3 Q8 PRQ8-5081 -The Greatest Movie Themes Of The Decade )-
( RCA. Q8 APT1-1043 -Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass Dream Country )-
( RCA. Q8 APT1-0757 -Pride Of America Charley Pride )-
( CBS. Q8 CAQ 32149 -Liza Minnelli The Singer )-
( CBS. Q8 CAQ 32114 -Jonny Mathis Me And Mrs. Brown )-
( CBS. Q8 CAQ 31626 -Jonny Mathis Featuring Play Me )-

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All

Back with some back log of tapes..

( EMI. Angle Q4 AAXA-3501Z -Symphony No.6 in B Minor 'Pathetique' : another Japanese Reel to Reel )-
( Project3 Q8 PRQ8-5086 -Enoch Light Great Gatsby Era )-
( Project3 Q8 PRQ8-5081 -The Greatest Movie Themes Of The Decade )-
( RCA. Q8 APT1-1043 -Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass Dream Country )-
( RCA. Q8 APT1-0757 -Pride Of America Charley Pride )-
( CBS. Q8 CAQ 32149 -Liza Minnelli The Singer )-
( CBS. Q8 CAQ 32114 -Jonny Mathis Me And Mrs. Brown )-
( CBS. Q8 CAQ 31626 -Jonny Mathis Featuring Play Me )-

View attachment 44197
View attachment 44198
View attachment 44199
View attachment 44200
View attachment 44201
View attachment 44202
View attachment 44203
View attachment 44204
View attachment 44205
View attachment 44206
Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss, Mrs..
Mrs. BROWN...MRS. BROWN...we got a thing..going down...

Back