Quad LP/Tape Poll Jarrett, Keith: Fort Yawuh [QS]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Fort Yawuh"

• 10: Great sound, mix, content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Impulse-ABC AS 9240, from 1973.

Side 1:

(If The) Misfits (Wear It)
Fort Yawuh

Side 2:

De Drums
Still Life, Still Life

ED :)

9. Incredibly talented. If you've never heard him, check him out. He has a bunch of QS releases on Impulse.
Keith+Jarrett+1973+Fort+Yawuh+%u00255B37%5D.jpg

I have an option to buy this LP, with a "Stereo/Quad Compatible" on the label. Musically it is right up my alley, but can anyone comment if the quad mix is worth it?

I have an option to buy this LP, with a "Stereo/Quad Compatible" on the label. Musically it is right up my alley, but can anyone comment if the quad mix is worth it?

I haven't listened to this in a while (I have a script conversion from the CD reissue that retained the QS encoding), but my notes say it's nothing that special--and kind of "distant" sounding. Not bad for a live disc--it was recorded at the Vanguard--but not as good as Treasure Island, which was a studio recording.

I haven't listened to this in a while (I have a script conversion from the CD reissue that retained the QS encoding), but my notes say it's nothing that special--and kind of "distant" sounding. Not bad for a live disc--it was recorded at the Vanguard--but not as good as Treasure Island, which was a studio recording.
Thanks a lot! I suspected that since it is a live set it might be just ambience-like sounds in the rear channels, I think I'll pass on it then.

This album, like many of the Impulse albums, was not mixed with an instrument in each corner but more as the main instrument (piano) was positioned in the studio.

I guess it was to try to give the impression of being in amongst the musicians as it was recorded.

So, it may not be everyones cup of tea, but for those who appreciate "ambisonics" it's an interesting mix.

Back