Best ORIGINAL DVD-A/SACD Surround Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in alphabetical order as well -
YOU CRAZY MAN 🤫
Heads Up-I’ll mention a couple for honorable mention-
Jaco Pastorius Big Band: Word of Mouth Revisited & The Word is Out.

And to shake the tree of plenty a little more -Wait? Silverline ;-🎷
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band ‎– XXL

and all compiled while under the influence as well! how do you think he does it? i don't know! i'll add to the list next time i'm Brahms and Liszt which should be around gin o'clock 🤪🥳😘

and all compiled while under the influence as well! how do you think he does it? i don't know! i'll add to the list next time i'm Brahms and Liszt which should be around gin o'clock 🤪🥳😘
All I know is, that's another half dozen added to my Discogs wantlist!! 🤶 :D
I dread to think how many more you will add, when you are sober Adam...:unsure::D

If it's good enough for Adam with his liking, of raised rears, then I'm in too...;):p

Last edited:
Snood and I may join you for a little fizzle to the pizzle; but it’ll have to be our fav
Rum ‘n Coke - Who’s buying?
:hi --🥃--🎊

Last edited:
i'll pop back and update as titles occur to me but some goodies for starters...

3 Doors Down "Away From The Sun" (2002 SACD, subsequent DVD-A & DualDisc releases)
Aaron Neville "Nature Boy" (2003 SACD/DVD-A)
Al Jarreau "All I Got" (2002 SACD)
Alison Krauss "New Favorite" (2001 SACD)
Badi Assad "Verde" (2005 SACD)
Beatles "Love" (2006 DVD-A)
Born "At The End Of The Day" (2005 SACD)
Boz Scaggs "Dig" (2001 DVD-A)
Britney Spears "In The Zone" (2004 DVD-A)
Bryan Ferry "Frantic" (2002 SACD/DVD-A)
Caetano Veloso "A Foreign Sound" (2004 SACD)
David Sanborn "Timeagain" (2003 SACD/DVD-A)
Diana Krall "The Girl In The Other Room" (2004 SACD/DVD-A/DualDisc)
Donald Fagen "Morph The Cat" (2006 DVD-A)
Dream Theater "Dream Theater" (2013 DVD-A)
Dredg "El Cielo" (2003 SACD)
Elisa "Lotus" (2003 SACD)
Elton John "Peachtree Road" (2004 SACD)
Era "The Mass" (2003 SACD)
Eric Clapton "Reptile" (2001 DVD-A)
Eric Clapton "Back Home" (2005 DualDisc)
Foo Fighters "In Your Honor" (2005 DualDisc)
George Benson "Songs And Stories" (2009 DVD-V)
George Benson & Al Jarreau "Givin' It Up" (2006 DVD-V)
Groove Armada "Lovebox" (2003 SACD)
Helmet Of Gnats "Timeslip" (2004 SACD)
Hooverphonic "No More Sweet Music" (2005 DualDisc)
Indigo Girls "All That We Let In" (2004 SACD, DualDisc)
Jon Lord "Beyond The Notes" (2004 SACD)
Jose Carreras "Energia" (2004 SACD)
Kem "Album II" (2005 DualDisc)
Kinobe "Versebridgechorus?" (2001 SACD)
Lakatos "As Time Goes By" (2003 SACD)
Lalo Schifrin "Letters From Argentina" (2006 DualDisc)
Lee Ritenour "Six String Theory" (2010 DVD-V)
Les Brown & His Band Of Renown "Session 55" (2001 DVD-A)
Lionel Richie "Just For You" (2004 SACD)
Luciano Pavarotti "Ti Adoro" (2003 SACD)
Luther Vandross "Dance With My Father" (2003 DVD-A)
Matt Bianco "Matt's Mood" (2004 SACD)
Michael McDonald "Motown" & "Motown Two" (2003 SACD/DVD-A & 2004 SACD)
Moloko "Statues" (2003 SACD)
Paul Van Dyk "Reflections" (2003 SACD)
Paul Weller "Studio 150" (2004 SACD)
Pink! "I'm Not Dead" (2006 DualDisc)
Ringo Starr "5.1 The Surround Sound Collection" (2008 DVD-A)
Robert Reed "Sanctuary", II, III (2014, 2016, 2018; DVD-A/V)
Romero "Un Segundo Una Vida" (2003 SACD)
RPWL "World Through My Eyes" (2005 SACD)
Ryan Adams "Gold" (2002 SACD)
Salif Keita "Moffou" (2002 SACD)
Seal "IV" (2004 DVD-A)
Schiller "Leben" (2004 SACD)
Steely Dan "Everything Must Go" (2003 DVD-A)
Texas "Careful What You Wish For" (2003 SACD)
Thomilla "Freeze" (2004 SACD)
Till Bronner "That Summer" (2004 SACD)
(plus... too many Telarc & Heads Up SACDs to mention individually i'll be here all night!!)
The Hooverphonic is a favorite here. Too bad they broke up.

Yes everyone, I was looking for original stuff. Stuff that came out of the gate with a surround release. Stuff we'd never heard before.

I suppose I should not have used "Love" as an example, but it's really a new release of sorts as we've never heard it that way before, or at least some of it. If you like, we can take that title off the table.

But I was really looking for things that came out with surround releases at the same time as its stereo counterpart came out. To me this is the ultimate, as with all of the reissues (that I love, of course) the fact that I've heard that stuff an infinite number of times already tends to cut down on my play time for those discs.

However, when a NEW release comes out with a 5.1 mix, not only do I (we) get to enjoy the 5.1, we can absorb the music from scratch, which if it's good lends itself to multiple listens and more listens because there is not music burn out.

So for every "Say You Will" that's a new release that's perceived as being just not very good, there is new stuff like "Hand.Cannot.Erase" or "Dig" that we can play and marvel at how great the music is as we bask in the surround sound!

David Bowie's 'Reality' is still a treat to this day for me and although not an SA-CD or DVD-A release, Alan Parson's 'On Air' dts. Both great musically and well complimented to surround.
I like them both. Reality gets a really bad rap. I'm very glad that it was released. Not that many MC Bowie to enjoy....

Mark Knopfler 'Sailing To Philadelphia' DVD-A "A world away from the coaly Tyne". As I recall someone here at QQF had a line on a few copies and was kind enough to share. My thanks again to you. Great disc.

Mark Knopfler 'Sailing To Philadelphia' DVD-A "A world away from the coaly Tyne". As I recall someone here at QQF had a line on a few copies and was kind enough to share. My thanks again to you. Great disc.

nice album! i was going to include that one but when i checked online it seemed like the 5.1 was maybe a reissue released a couple of years down the line so thought maybe it didn't count?

Almost 4 pages of Concord Music original 5.1 Jazz/Popular surround titles https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=concord+records&page=1

71DTxSWU0JL._SL1240_.jpg

51aNP2Wq-xL.jpg
51T75R4H1DL.jpg
51rrq0oi3YL.jpg

Last edited:
Back