Vocalion Sells SACDs on eBay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The56Kid

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
My younger brother first alerted me to its non-availability from D-V. He also found that someone from Great Britain had sold 80 of them on eBay. Not sure how I feel about that type of practice.

My younger brother first alerted me to its non-availability from D-V. He also found that someone from Great Britain had sold 80 of them on eBay. Not sure how I feel about that type of practice.

the eBay seller in GB (id: deramnut) who sold 80 of them is Dutton Vocalion themselves.

1lhQGOt.jpg

Last time I checked, Vocalion is also selling their SACDs via a DV account on Amazon as well as eBay.
A good way to reach customers who buy SACDs from eBay and Amazon vs. other options.
Discogs, too, although it appears they rely on release submissions from third parties in order to list their first party for-sale copies. Since they have an account, why not simply submit their own releases?

Discogs, too, although it appears they rely on release submissions from third parties in order to list their first party for-sale copies. Since they have an account, why not simply submit their own releases?

i'm not sure they'd have much free time to do the submissions? they're probably a busy bunch of wee elves and wizards, as evidenced by the quantity of new releases! 🤩

Although I would reccomend purchasing directly from the Vocalion website because D-V see more money from direct sales, they also sell through various social media/auction/marketplace sites including amazon, ebay and discogs to connect with people who averse to direct purchasing for whatever reason.

The reason D-V doesn't submit their releases directly to discogs is a combination of the workload of their small (but, I'm sure we'd all agree, dedicated and friendly) shippng department and also the arcane and complex process of submitting an entry to discogs. I've added all the missing releases as I've received them, and checked all the extant ones for completeness/correctness so all the SACDs sourced from quad masters that both Vocalion and Epoch have released (aside from the recent Epoch batch and the two Mauriat Vocalion stereo titles, which I haven't had time to add yet) should be there.

My first dutton order was thru their ebay seller deraumnut...my recent purchase i ordered thru grove inc....mainly for free shipping

Ordering direct thru duttons website is a pita for me....but its not them...my damn bank refuses to process any international orders!

Just got a new piece of plastic which can be used... But grooves has free shipping on $25 orders...so groves got my order

Although I would reccomend purchasing directly from the Vocalion website because D-V see more money from direct sales, they also sell through various social media/auction/marketplace sites including amazon, ebay and discogs to connect with people who averse to direct purchasing for whatever reason.

The reason D-V doesn't submit their releases directly to discogs is a combination of the workload of their small (but, I'm sure we'd all agree, dedicated and friendly) shippng department and also the arcane and complex process of submitting an entry to discogs. I've added all the missing releases as I've received them, and checked all the extant ones for completeness/correctness so all the SACDs sourced from quad masters that both Vocalion and Epoch have released (aside from the recent Epoch batch and the two Mauriat Vocalion stereo titles, which I haven't had time to add yet) should be there.

thanks for everything you've done and continue to do.

🌈🤩👍🎉🎄🥳🍻

I will continue my few orders through the DV website. The price is extremely good and postage is ordinary. I will let them make a little extra profit. No international transaction fee on the credit card I use.

My first dutton order was thru their ebay seller deraumnut...my recent purchase i ordered thru grove inc....mainly for free shipping

Ordering direct thru duttons website is a pita for me....but its not them...my damn bank refuses to process any international orders!

Just got a new piece of plastic which can be used... But grooves has free shipping on $25 orders...so groves got my order
Groves is excellent to deal with. I've dealt with them twice. Everything was great. The free shipping saves a lot.
My bank (credit union actually) also makes international transactions with a CC difficult. (.. fraud &all is the reason)
I have to contact them beforehand with the country of origin the purchase is to be made in. I have a 24hr. Window after contacting them to complete it.
I also save money at Groves using a CC over pay pal.

Those of us in the “know” should always buy direct. We aren’t the ones they are trying to reach with these other avenues.

Back