Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kornyfone font is also used on the original vinyl release of "Cheap Thrills", though not on the CD. Makes me wonder if it's R. Crumb's work.

This is what happens to frustrated surround sound addicts when a release is delayed...and delayed...and delayed. We start debating fonts.

The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label you mean, with that weirdly boxy handwriting with equally weird text commentary/ song title listing.

I dumped all my TAKRL boots when prices (I think) peaked. But I kept the one picture disc “You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears the Star” by Springsteen, (great art btw) which I think might be a “counterfeit” of a bootleg, which is crazy - because I am pretty sure TAKRL never did any picture discs.
http://www.floydboots.com/pages/b24.php
I don't think mine was a Kornyfone, the pic in the link is the one I had (blue label).

Wasn’t John Wazardo a principle of TAKRL, same thing different label design. I’d need to look it up again.

At any rate, I’m not so sure it’s a font, but rather someone’s real handwriting doing it all freehand.

Decades ago I read Clinton Heylin's "Bootleg", which left me with the impression that quite a few of the bootleg labels were actually all the work of one group of people operating under various names. Though at the time I worked with a guy with industry connections (he's got photography credits in multiple books, especially Grateful Dead ones) who said that much in the book was incorrect.

And I'm sure you're right that someone was hand-lettering everything. I probably shouldn't be using modern terminology when it isn't appropriate!

Someone over at SHF quoted this post in the Yeeshkul forum that says:
According to new interview with Nick in Polish music magazine Teraz Rock(it covers his recent concert in Warsaw) Animals will be released as box. 5.1 mix will be the highlight but there will be plenty more stuff. He also mention that they still looking for some material to TLY(he was interviewed 27.07.2019)

It would be cool if one could buy the “Mason” font and type out letters that look like the Animals inner sleeve.

This is what happens to frustrated surround sound addicts when a release is delayed...and delayed...and delayed. We start debating fonts.
I’m thinking of making a slide show of the pages from the 1977 Tour Program, and putting a track (Pigs on the Wing w/ Snowy White) from an April ‘77 concert (which I recorded on cassette) as backing, just for fun. I might even use a bit of art from the sheet music songbook to really juice it up with ‘77 Floyd graphics. Get it done and out there before they reproduce that same set of graphics in the super deluxe surround Animals set expected sometime in the coming years.

Record Collector November 2019
Signature Article
int_1.jpg

So 'till release its a case of "We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain" whilst "Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away"

This is one 5.1 I really do want, released in my first year at Uni, the vinyl got worn out!

In a recent interview regarding the "Later Years" Box Set, Andy Jackson and Aubrey Powell were asked about a deluxe edition of "Animals". Here's what they had to say:

One thing fans wonder about, however, is a deluxe package of Animals, which is the one album that's not been treated in that manner yet. Will it happen?
Jackson:
There's nothing other than the album to be had out of that. There are no leftovers or anything like that. There were prototype versions (of the songs) but they've already been out. There's no further expansion to be made out of that (album).
Powell: I've asked Nick this question five times in the last year or so. I've certainly been working on a couple of things related to Animals and... let’s see. It's certainly in discussion, and I can't commit to more than that. But fingers crossed that something might appear in the future. We'll see what happens.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8545879/pink-floyd-the-later-years-box-set

Another forum member reminded me of this add.
They only have 3 weeks left to get it released in 2019....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191210-201556.png
    Screenshot_20191210-201556.png
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 182
Back