Gentle Giant - Unburied Treasure Box Set - 1st album in 5.1 - Steven Wilson mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<tilt>

This box set sold out! (gasp). Mine hasn't been opened yet, but no point in selling on eBay near term -- Burning Shed has announced another batch of 1000 copies to be made.

(Due to fears of extortionate prices, of course)

Retirement will need another nest egg (but who am I fooling -- I'd never sell!)

edit: Someone jumped the gun and has it selling for $500 on eBay already . . . they may have to wait :ROFLMAO:.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unburied-T...301203?hash=item341b2e0913:g:-QIAAOSwJkFd8YWr

<tilt>

This box set sold out! (gasp). Mine hasn't been opened yet, but no point in selling on eBay near term -- Burning Shed has announced another batch of 1000 copies to be made.

(Due to fears of extortionate prices, of course)

Retirement will need another nest egg (but who am I fooling -- I'd never sell!)

edit: Someone jumped the gun and has it selling for $500 on eBay already . . . they may have to wait :ROFLMAO:.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unburied-T...301203?hash=item341b2e0913:g:-QIAAOSwJkFd8YWr

Okay: so if they sold out, then they made at least the minimum amount of money they needed to cover expenses and turn a little profit. Good on them!

I see that Burning Shed is taking pre-orders for a second run of 1000, due out in April.

And after that, they'll issue SW's 5.1 mix of the debut album separately for us non-completist fanatics, right?

My Box Set arrived today via Amazon.ca. Was not sure if they would come thru, as the original issue has sold out.
Although this run was 2000, thought they would have numbered each one, but I can't find any number stamped on the box.
Have not opened it yet. Looks great under the tree!!
I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on this the fantastic forum the best of the season, and a happy new year.

My Box Set arrived today via Amazon.ca. Was not sure if they would come thru, as the original issue has sold out.
Although this run was 2000, thought they would have numbered each one, but I can't find any number stamped on the box.
I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on this the fantastic forum the best of the season, and a happy new year.
Back at ya (and everyone else here!)....and enjoy. You're about to dive into a box filled with terrific material, both audio and written.

🎅🤶🎄🇨🇽

This just out on All About Jazz: "Prog Legends Gentle Giant to Release First 4 Albums on Vinyl April 3, 2020."

"After the positive response to the box set Unburied Treasure many fans asked whether the vinyl albums would ever be available. The band has responded and decided to make these albums officially available for the first time in decades."​

So if "many fans" ask whether Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of the debut album will be released as a standalone BDA, will the band respond positively to that plea, too...?

(Edit/postscript: here's the Alucard page at Burning Shed--and here's the contact page. You can also email directly at [email protected]. [Turns out that's an old, disused address. The contact page works, though.])

https://news.allaboutjazz.com/prog-...ease-first-4-albums-on-vinyl-april-3-2020.php

Last edited:
I'd be very interested to know if the forthcoming vinyl is analogue sourced - if not I suspect they will utilize the hi-res versions used in the Three Piece Suite bluray. I would definitely upgrade if they were the former.

Also holding out in hope of a bluray of the full 5.1 of the debut....

So if "many fans" ask whether Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of the debut album will be released as a standalone BDA, will the band respond positively to that plea, too...?

(Edit/postscript: here's the Alucard page at Burning Shed--and here's the contact page. You can also email directly at [email protected].)

https://news.allaboutjazz.com/prog-...ease-first-4-albums-on-vinyl-april-3-2020.php

I hope that GG's gets around to releasing the 5.1 Blu-Ray from their box set as a standalone release (also hoping for New 5.1 BRs for Free Hand & Interview as well). And thanks for providing Alucard's e-mail address (I've e-mailed them my requests FWIW).

I tried the e-mail link to Alucard Music on your post but it would not go through. Thanks anyway for the info.

Yeah--I belatedly discovered that, too. I did send a message via the Burning Shed contact page, though, and got a polite reply to the effect that my request would be passed along to the Alucard people.

That's actually where I found the disused email address that I posted above. The Burning Shed contact page does work, though.
download.png

Back