Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Hmm, I believe I only have the Japanese SHM-SACDs of Dire Straits S.T. and Communique; but what I'd love is a "On Every Street" to have a Hi Res. release (should've been a surround release!) Just don't understand why that one's been ignored, it's a great album.
Maybe someone here can play the Guinea pig and see how the MOFI compares to the Japanese SACDs?

...but what I'd love is a "On Every Street" to have a Hi Res. release (should've been a surround release!) Just don't understand why that one's been ignored, it's a great album.
My favorite DS album. I do think it was a digital recording, and not inherently "hi res," but that didn't stop MoFi from releasing an SACD of BIA.

New MoFi SACD titles announced in the 2020 Music Direct catalog....

ELO - Eldorado
Santana - Supernatural
T. Rex - Electric Warrior
Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge
Chicago - 17 (seen in previous Music Direct catalog as SACD)
Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years
Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line (mono)
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
Grateful Dead - From The Mars Hotel
Run-DMC - Raising Hell
J. Geils Band - The Morning After

New MoFi SACD titles announced in the 2020 Music Direct catalog....

ELO - Eldorado
Santana - Supernatural
T. Rex - Electric Warrior
Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge
Chicago - 17 (seen in previous Music Direct catalog as SACD)
Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years
Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line (mono)
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
Grateful Dead - From The Mars Hotel
Run-DMC - Raising Hell
J. Geils Band - The Morning After

I'm in for the Paul Simon, 2 Grateful Deads, Iron Butterfly and I already have the J Geils Band SACD on pre~order since last year. Thanks for the updates Soundboy.

well i guess that (and the supposed rumour the artist themselves opposed to any mixes but the Stereo of their work being released at this point in time) snookers any chances of the Still Crazy After All These Years Quad appearing anytime soon.. 🎱⚽🏀🏈⚾🥎🎾🏐🏉🥏

euch what a load of old balls! i'm verklempt!! 😫

Do we really need another ELECTRIC WARRIOR by T.Rex? Apart from the multi SACD (German pressing apparently the best, and I don't have the other to compare), there's the Japanese SHM pressing (very buttery sound).

As far as DR goes, I recall a comparison of quite a few releases, with a CD version winning. There's also the matter of the master tapes in Britain being in sad shape, and only a west coast USA dupe being used these days. That said, I'll probably get the MoFi:cautious:

I just ordered these two stereo Hybrid SACD's, from MOFI.
71R9JUrRWeL._SX522_.jpg
A15sWbO+N5L._SX522_.jpg

Back