Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just getting stuck into the new B.W. Stevenson 2-fer
(1/2 of which is totally unfamiliar territory in Quad!! 🥳

-- and blow me down but My Maria's shakers do a 360 degree round the room job!! 😜

ooh, she's such a saucy one that Maria!! 🥰

sounds quite a bit brighter/perkier than the newly released CBS titles 🧐 but not in a bad way!! 😁

Listening now to this 5.1 acoustic blues, live recording. SACD Single rate 64, DR values range from 17-21. Mostly an ambient surround recording which opens up the listening room for a mostly front speaker experience. Very nice for morning listening.
View attachment 44742
Well shiver me timbres Mark, you've introduced me to yet another wallet suckin' fiend! I need this, and with those fantastic DR #s (not surprised as it's also a Chesky) the stereo may actually decode to a better surround experience. 🤠

brief follow up to earlier B.W. Stevenson ramblings before i move onto Argent..

the My Maria & Calabasas Quad mixes are both excellent, though musically as well as 'Quadraphonically' Calabasas is a better album i think.. i also think folk who enjoy the best modern day 5.1's will enjoy these as they largely keep lead and rhythm upfront with accents in the rears.. its strange sometimes the hand an artists dealt, you wonder "whatever happened to the 'My Maria' guy?!" well he had a good old run, like 7 albums in 8 years for the majors (RCA, then Warner) but its almost as if the fates conspired against him making it big even though he had all the raw ingredients and good people around him and after 1980 that was about it and then the poor booger goes and dies in 1988 while still a young'un.. sad.. but he left quite a legacy and to have his sum total Quad output on one disc in such a nice no-nonsense package is a fitting tribute to a career that maybe never lived upto its' full potential but was no less brilliant.

"where there is light
there is a refuge
where there is hope
there is a light..."

MVIMG_20191221_130450.jpg

Back