Christmas Music in Quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Not sure where this should go and there may be an old thread but I've been listening to some Christmas music albums recorded in Quad.....

Tonight I opened up a sealed copy of Magnavox album of Christmas Music recorded in SQ in 1972. I got this a few years ago and forgot about it. Its short but delightful and has Tony Bennett Patti Page and Lynn Anderson singing songs in quad along with music from Peter Nero Andre Kostelanetz (Who had a Dutton Vocalion release) and others.
I also listened to Noel! Noel! also on Columbia special products recorded in SQ from 1974. However this one has selections including Robert Goulet and John Davidson singing...……..not quite the same you get the picture.

On Connoisseur Society recorded in SQ I listened to Louis-Claude Daquin 12 Noels. Played on the Great Organ of Notre-Dame de Caudebec-en-Caux. Somewhere in France I guess. Wonderful recording of organ music. The back cover says it is derived from an original discrete four channel quadraphonic master tape. To my knowledge this record label did not release any quad tapes. Would be wonderful if Michael Dutton could get his hands on them.

I also listened to A Festival of Carols recorded in QS on the Turnabout label.

Finally I listened to some English and German medieval Christmas music synthesized to 4 channel thanks to the Surround Master. These would be Christmas in Anglia on the Nonesuch label and Weinachtsmusik des 15 und 16 Jahrhunderts on the ABC records classics label SEON. Both of these are high quality recordings.

I will get back to my usual rock listening and modern surround discs but this time of year I enjoy hearing this music.
I want to wish everyone here and their families a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.

Not sure where this should go and there may be an old thread but I've been listening to some Christmas music albums recorded in Quad...

Tonight I opened up a sealed copy of Magnavox album of Christmas Music recorded in SQ in 1972. I got this a few years ago and forgot about it. Its short but delightful and has Tony Bennett Patti Page and Lynn Anderson singing songs in quad along with music from Peter Nero Andre Kostelanetz (Who had a Dutton Vocalion release) and others.
I also listened to Noel! Noel! also on Columbia special products recorded in SQ from 1974. However this one has selections including Robert Goulet and John Davidson singing...……..not quite the same you get the picture.

On Connoisseur Society recorded in SQ I listened to Louis-Claude Daquin 12 Noels. Played on the Great Organ of Notre-Dame de Caudebec-en-Caux. Somewhere in France I guess. Wonderful recording of organ music. The back cover says it is derived from an original discrete four channel quadraphonic master tape. To my knowledge this record label did not release any quad tapes. Would be wonderful if Michael Dutton could get his hands on them.

I also listened to A Festival of Carols recorded in QS on the Turnabout label.

Finally I listened to some English and German medieval Christmas music synthesized to 4 channel thanks to the Surround Master. These would be Christmas in Anglia on the Nonesuch label and Weinachtsmusik des 15 und 16 Jahrhunderts on the ABC records classics label SEON. Both of these are high quality recordings.

I will get back to my usual rock listening and modern surround discs but this time of year I enjoy hearing this music.
I want to wish everyone here and their families a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.
🤶🎄🎅🇨🇽

Back