2019 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New in Stereo and Multichannel DSD - REID from Maya Fridman.
DSD Exclusive, Not on SACD release.

REID - TTK0046 at 450.jpg

This week we bring you cellist Maya Fridman's new album REID from TRPTK. It is her 9th DSD album at the NativeDSD Music store. REID is a journey through the worlds of contemporary composers including Lou Reed, Michael Gordon, Fjóla Evans, Giovanni Sollima, John Tavener, and David Lang. The album is a DXD recording using the Merging Technologies Hapi and Anubis Analog to Digital Converters.

Maya Fridman says "As much as I try to find the right words to describe the intention behind this album, I repeatedly come to a dead end. It is as if I go for a walk through a deep forest: one part of me wants to get lost in unknown territory, while another part of me lingers on the familiar. By trying to make meaning of the world around me, I search for compositions that reflect something eternal, irresistible to change and corruption.

Reid means this journey, the feeling that one world dies somewhere, and a new one emerges with every blink of my eyes. Our travels start with Light Is Calling by Michael Gordon, written in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. Living so close to Ground Zero, he wanted to make something beautiful after witnessing something so ugly and tragic. The composition juxtaposes the sound of an acoustic cello with electronic pulses played backward, like a heart beating throughout the entire piece."

REID is available at the Native DSD Music store in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64, and DXD along with Stereo DSD 512. It is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/TTK0046-reid

The following 2019 releases weren't confirmed yet to contain proper surround mixes or turned out to be not fit enough for the main list, despite our hopes. If you know better, please post your view in this thread and I'll move them accordingly.

Steve Hackett – Genesis Revisited Band & Orchestra: Live at the Royal Festival Hall (2CD+BD-V / 2CD+DVD-V) 10/25
Prince – Sign 'O' the Times (2DVD-V [DD]+2BD-V [Atmos/Auro-3D]) 9/13

These two were definitely released on the dates shown and can be moved.

Back