• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took full advantage of CDJapan's LIMITED 1,212JPY coupon plus coupled with my [meager] 162 bonus points purchased the Rolling Stones Let It Bleed 2 SACD [Mono/Stereo] remaster in special 7" packaging and Hiromi's new Universal Stereo SHM~SACD of Spectrum.

Coupon expires SOON but as Baggy said, it has to be 10,000 yen or above to qualify.

Still valid until December 12th at Noon {Japan Time]:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/c...cs&bdad=MTM3NDZfMg--&bdactcd=MTM3NDZfNTk2NQ--

20% Off Louis Armstrong & His All Stars in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128, DSD 64 - through December 20, 2019
Use code AOTW for the savings. This is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

AOTW_homepage_banner18 - Louis Armstrong and All stars.png

20% Off Album of the Week - Louis Armstrong & His All Stars

This week we bring you Louis Armstrong and His All Stars in Stereo DSD 256, DSD 128, and DSD 64 from 2xHD - Storyville Records. It is the Native DSD Music Album of the Week. Available at the Native DSD Music store at 20% Off through December 20, 2019, with offer code AOTW. This is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release.

The album brings our listeners Louis Armstrong and his All Stars at two different locations in San Francisco during 1954. They are doing what they loved and did best: playing Jazz of a quality defying description, and, as Louis would have said “pleasing the people”. These recordings happily capture Louis and his cohorts at the glorious height of their powers during two engagements (broadcast from the Downbeat and Hangover clubs) of the kind that often formed the All-Stars’ nightly round. Seldom, if ever, have Armstrong and his All-Stars been captured in more exultant form.

From the roars of applause that greets Louis Armstrong, every track on this album reveals the All-Stars at the zenith of their creative powers. From ‘Indiana’ presented with a flaring urgency, highlighted by an exultant trumpet solo outstanding even by Armstrong standards to ‘High Society’ which reveals the staggering form that Armstrong was in that night; listen, there is a carefree humor, which shows in a nutshell how to mix hilarity and jazz of monumental worth.

"Performances like this are seminal to Jazz. Like Louis Armstrong, music like this will never come again."

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/2XHDST1111-louis-armstrong-his-all-stars

the London Symphony's LSO Live label is selling many of their SACDs for GBP 5 each, even less for box sets: https://lsolive.lso.co.uk/collections/2019-christmas-sale. Free shipping for GBP 30 and over in the UK, shipping to the US has been reasonable in the past.

The Berkshire Record Exchange is also selling many of Pentatone's quad transfers of Philips and DG classical records for $7 each.

Not really a code today but a reminder of 2 sites that get overlooked when trying to find OOP titles. Besides eBay, Barnes and Noble has "Marketplace" sellers and I saw some decent pricing on a handful of titles in all formats tonight. SecondSpin also is a place to cruise through, they usually have a weekly deal that changes, only issue with this site is stock is minimal. If you check once a week you might find a gem. Actually both of the above are difficult to navigate on my tablet and get frustrating, but I did get a "Toys in the Attic" from here for $48 in NM Like New condition. Happy Hunting 😁

20% Off Album of the Week - 1812 Overture performed by Valery Gergiev conducting the Mariinsky Theater Orchestra - in Multichannel & Stereo DSD.
Use code AOTW through January 3, 2020, to get the savings.

Album of the Week - from Email.png

20% Off Album of the Week

The NativeDSD album of the week features Valery Gergiev conducting the Mariinsky Orchestra with performances of the 1812 Overture, Moscow Cantata, and Marche Slave. This Mariinsky release is available at the Native DSD Music Store in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64. Save 20% through January 3, 2020, with offer code AOTW.

Mariinsky tells us "The five works by Tchaikovsky on this album form a cohesive whole. They were written to order. There is nothing shameful about this for the creative spirit. The majority of professional composers used to accept commissioned work, and still do. An order means that there is a demand for the work, it is financially beneficial and above all – or maybe, most importantly – having a deadline disciplines the creative urge and stimulates inspiration. But in Russia in Tchaikovsky’s time, it was quite unusual for work to be commissioned (even for the members of the ‘Mighty Handful’ such as Mussorgsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, and Balakirev) since many composers, even well-known ones, had ‘amateur’ status. In this and in other ways, Tchaikovsky was the first ‘professional’ Russian composer. A new generation of composers (Stravinsky, Prokofiev) followed in his footsteps; for them, commissions were the norm.

Tchaikovsky, however, usually found working to order irksome but, being a professional, he produced music of the highest quality. He accepted commissions and the result was inspired. The orders were for official purposes. Tchaikovsky wrote for official and public events. He was an official composer from early in his career, on-call whenever there was a need for music for state or social occasions. His compositions were well-crafted, accessible and attractive, capturing the mood of his fellow Russians."

Gramophone Magazine says "Perhaps the most notable feature of these performances is their refusal to undermine the characterful in pursuit of the sensational."

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/1812-overture-moscow-cantata-marche-slave

Newly Remastered in 2019 @ Abbey Road Studios the POLICE's 5 original A&M Studio albums plus a bonus disc in a sturdy clamshell box for £15 @ Amazon UK [Deep Discount is charging $60] LIMITED EDITION, BTW!

51YlVWR6Z0L._AC_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Every-Move...TFYBCBBAS1N&psc=1&refRID=EKBMEGWJFTFYBCBBAS1N
Love the song Flexible Strategies on the last disc. Killer instrumental that was a b side on one of their singles. Can't remember which. Every time I saw this in a jukebox back in the day I would play it. Someone would always come up to the jukebox to see WTF was playing.

I happened to be in Bullmoose Portsmouth and noticed they have a Pink Floyd: The Early Years boxed set at a reduced price of $499.97 due to a ding on the outer box, if anyone is looking for a slightly less expensive option still. I took a photo of the disc serial number of the Reverberation Blu-ray in case people are now able to identify a with and without Meddle 5.1 disc.
20200103_213043.jpg

I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on the Floyd, but I DO love this set:

GERMANY: Temple of the Dog super deluxe – €53.99
The 2016 box set contains two CDS with new stereo mixes and unreleased demos, a DVD (of a live performance) and a blu-ray audio with 5.1 mixes and promo videos. Also £52 in the UK.
"Reach down" kicks butt !!! Sounds like the Stooges after they learned how to play their instruments !!!

Back