BluRay Music Video Poll Big Big Train - REFLECTORS OF LIGHT [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Big Big Train - REFLECTORS OF LIGHT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2019 release of the new live film from Big Big Train entitled "Reflectors of Light".
This 2019 release was drawn from the band's 2017 concerts at Cadogan Hall.

(y) :) (n)

81flBtNN%2B8L._SL1500_.jpg

A fantastic release meeting all my expectations - this one is ultra discrete.

Songs and song selection - 8
Video quality - 8
Audio quality - 9
5.1-mix - 10
Arrangements and musicianship - 10

So a strong 9 from me - highly recommended!

Last edited:
A 10 from me too. The only slight negative is that one of the camera angles has a slightly grainy picture on it, but the audio quality and discrete surround mix are superb.

Incidentally the excellent surround mix was done by Rob Aubrey, the band's normal mixer, together with Neil Palfreyman, who is a regular contributor to this forum (y)

This release arrived today. I only auditioned a handful of tracks, so its too soon for a vote...

but WOW

the surround mix kicks a$$. Im trying to think of a better live surround mix - and I can't :phones
I am so NOT surprised......BBT really know how to put out an outstanding, high quality, audio experience.

Another 10 for me. Musically Stone and Steel I think it's slightly better, but in terms of mix and sound quality, I believe it can't be bettered.
When will get get their studio catalogue in surround?
Greg Spawton in Twitter today announced a 2020 remix of The Underfall Yard in vinyl, CD and... most likely... surround DVD-A! He also commented that Bard is being remixed for 2021, but no references to surround for that one.

Superb audio mix on this one, about as perfect as you can get if you ask me. I never needed to touch the channel levels either. Already watched this one twice.

Shame the video is not to the same standard but it's serviceable overall. Some shots look very low res and some of the compression artifacts are terrible (I notice lots of shimmering, banding and everyone looks blue during 90% of Folklore). I know some of the angles are go-pros (or similar type of camera) so it is what it is.

Still, it's a fine watch and I'm only nitpicking the video as it's not quite upto the blu-ray top tier standard. However, I am so glad we've got this released on Blu-ray and I hope there are more to come.

Audio: 10
Video: 7

Just got this today and don't usually vote right away's but the mix and fidelity and musicianship on this one is in the BEST of the BEST. What fantastic playing by all band members so this makes this an absolute 10 in my books and if voting would allow a 11 then it would get a 11(56kid and Spinal Tap approved rating).

Job well done by all and in another earlier time period(60-70's) a title like this would have had a chance to be a gold or platinum seller but alas in today's video game/social media world that does not really have time to invest in listening to something this wonderful.

The video is not as good as the audio so thanks to BIG BIG TRAIN as like the rest of us at this forum I am hear for the music so a BIG,BIG thanks to BIG BIG TRAIN, :)

Just got this today and don't usually vote right away's but the mix and fidelity and musicianship on this one is in the BEST of the BEST. What fantastic playing by all band members so this makes this an absolute 10 in my books and if voting would allow a 11 then it would get a 11(56kid and Spinal Tap approved rating).

Job well done by all and in another earlier time period(60-70's) a title like this would have had a chance to be a gold or platinum seller but alas in today's video game/social media world that does not really have time to invest in listening to something this wonderful.

The video is not as good as the audio so thanks to BIG BIG TRAIN as like the rest of us at this forum I am hear for the music so a BIG,BIG thanks to BIG BIG TRAIN, :)
Second only to Steve Wilson’s incredible Home Invasion Blu-ray in the recent home video concert sweepstakes.

As far as the video is concerned - while I agree it’s not up to the same high standards as the audio, the camera work is fantastic. Long lingering shots of the right players at the right time, fantastic multi player shots, etc. Love it!

Enjoyable romp through the BBT cataloge. Must be me thinking the surround is tame, which to be fair is all a live show really needs.
Agree on the camerawork a case piece on how to properly edit a live show no quick paced changes. Nice

I am not going to be so hard on the video quality, it's true that some of the shots are blurry. Is it the light or some camera?, but overall I have seen worst HD picture quality. As for the surround, wow, wow! It's very active in the surround channels with drums, keys, violin, vocals + the brass band!

Audio: 10
Video: 8
Music: 9

Back