Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie Super Deluxe Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LennonCobain

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
The Daily Beatle is reporting that Flaming Pie will be reissued in July 2020. The Super Deluxe configuration is rumored as 5 CD + 2 DVD. Could this be the first Macca reissue to include a surround sound mix of the album?
CAF05AD8-74D7-451B-846E-BC287F5FF4EB.jpeg

Judging by the sound of Lynne's "From Out Of Nowhere" he's also no longer a fan quality audio. (Maybe Jeff was trying to make it sound like the recent Chicago Transit Authority trainwreck...which by the way we are still waiting on a "corrected" version of that...)

Judging by the sound of Lynne's "From Out Of Nowhere" he's also no longer a fan quality audio. (Maybe Jeff was trying to make it sound like the recent Chicago Transit Authority trainwreck...which by the way we are still waiting on a "corrected" version of that...)
I've hated Lynne as a producer ever since "Free as a Bird". He accomplished the seemingly impossible feat of making The Beatles sound like a band that is trying to sound like The Beatles.

I highly doubt this will contain any surround sound at all.

The only Beatles-related product I can see in surround sound this year (besides anything revolving around "Let It Be") would be potentially a 50th anniversary reissue of "All Things Must Pass" from George Harrison (I can imagine that album being remixed in surround sound by Giles Martin & Sam Okell)

:)

I seem to remember a couple video items from the time, like a making of. My guess is those two DVD's have TV specials or somethings. Neither hi res or 5.1 mixes. But we can still hope. BTW - you can get some of the tracks in 5.1 on the McCartney years. I know Little Willow and Beautiful Night are on that, I don't seem to recall any of the test though.

The only Beatles-related product I can see in surround sound this year (besides anything revolving around "Let It Be") would be potentially a 50th anniversary reissue of "All Things Must Pass" from George Harrison (I can imagine that album being remixed in surround sound by Giles Martin & Sam Okell)

We can but hope, "All Things Must Pass" is an album I love

Or maybe ES since the tapes came from sessions that were very similar to Layla.

Where Snood's Back To The Egg Dammit!!! :rolleyes:

Another fave of mine. A few months ago I read an interview with Paul where he said that one of the things that he liked about putting together these reissues is that they remind him of some songs that he'd forgotten about. He specifically mentioned "Arrow Through Me" so I thought that maybe Back to the Egg might be next. I'm sure we'll get it eventually. One of my only gripes about the McCartney Years DVD set was that it overlooked the majority of videos from Back to the Egg. There was a TV special that had clips for eight songs from the album; only two made it to the DVD.

Thinking of Back to the Egg. I know there were promo videos for Getting Closer, Arrow Through Me, Old Siam Sir, and Spin it On, yet those aren't on the McCartney Years (with 5.1 mixes). Maybe it's time for another video collection with some Macca 5.1 video mixes. I bet there are a number of other good songs out there....

Back to the Egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Either it or Band on the Run are my fave Macca albums.

Until we get a 5.1 Egg, you can entertain yourself w/Macca & Rockestra on Concert for Kampuchea. Plus Who, Ian Dury & manny Moore...

The two Rockestra tracks on Egg feature: Denny Laine, Laurence Juber, David Gilmour, Hank Marvin, Pete Townshend (guitars), Steve Holley, John Bonham, Kenney Jones (drums), Paul McCartney (piano, bass[1]), John Paul Jones, Ronnie Lane, Bruce Thomas (basses), Gary Brooker, Linda McCartney, Tony Ashton (keyboards), Speedy Acquaye, Tony Carr, Ray Cooper, Morris Pert (percussion), Howie Casey, Tony Dorsey, Steve Howard, Thaddeus Richard (horns).

If you've never heard the Rockestra Theme from '79, where you been Haydn?!?

Rockestra '79 TV Special:

Another fave of mine. A few months ago I read an interview with Paul where he said that one of the things that he liked about putting together these reissues is that they remind him of some songs that he'd forgotten about. He specifically mentioned "Arrow Through Me" so I thought that maybe Back to the Egg might be next. I'm sure we'll get it eventually. One of my only gripes about the McCartney Years DVD set was that it overlooked the majority of videos from Back to the Egg. There was a TV special that had clips for eight songs from the album; only two made it to the DVD.

Arrow Through Me (one of my fave Macca tunes), was also the opening credit song for a very forgettable Chevy Chase movie, “Oh, Heavenly Dog” back in 1980. Co- starring Jane Seymour & Benjii (as the dog).

Back