Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPERATION: Quad Station

Congrats on your newly dedicated QUAD system, Mike. Adding that Emotiva amp was a wise decision. My only caveat.......the back KLIPSCH speakers should eventually 'jive' with the fronts so ALL FOUR ARE EQUAL as QUAD was envisioned and mixed with four matching front/rear speakers in mind.

I'm totally aware that price and availability were factors to consider but since SO many albums are being released in QUAD ..... something to consider down the pike.

ENJOY....and the best is YET TO COME!

Last edited:
💅Hmm, nice T there Baggie🧖‍♂️

… I'd say try some of those Quad SACDs by Tomita (DV or Denon) - lots of action to test that awesome Quad system 🙇‍♂️

私の幼なじみの多くの素晴らしいリターン
I love me some Tomita. That's a fantastic idea!

I'm reasonably happy with the T-shirt. Nice and comfy. I chose the premium option.

💅Hmm, nice T there Baggie🧖‍♂️

… I'd say try some of those Quad SACDs by Tomita (DV or Denon) - lots of action to test that awesome Quad system 🙇‍♂️

私の幼なじみの多くの素晴らしいリターン
Play the DV quad of RTF Musicmagic. I want to know how Stanley Clarke sounds coming out of the left surround. 10" woofer & passive radiator should make the grade....

Hey Baggy, awesome looking quad room! I assume that you plan to store all of your quad discs now in that room and your 5.1, Atmos, movies, etc. in the other. Looking forward to seeing some quad LIS videos in that room in 2020.

One question for you though. Where’s the sweet spot?

One question for you though. Where’s the sweet spot?
FB_IMG_1578408169904.jpg

FB_IMG_1578408174026.jpg

Got to have those tweeters at ear level!
Yes, I plan to locate all quad albums in here.

You don't have any ear problems listening to your music with your rear speakers position which are direct to your ears? I also have my rears at ear level but not directly positioned to my ears.

You don't have any ear problems listening to your music with your rear speakers position which are direct to your ears? I also have my rears at ear level but not directly positioned to my ears.
I think they may be a tad bit over whelming. Do you have a recommended angle? Like, directly at each other, behind my head, maybe?

My rear speakers are facing the front speakers, i personally can't put my speakers behind my head, because that i have limited space, but i am pretty satisfied with my set up. I think for you you have the right angle, it's just maybe a little too close to your seat.

I just meant your seating position.
Well, sorta. I'm going for 30 degree angles up front, which puts me about where I'm at. The angles are good for the rears too. I'm thinking that's a bit more important than distance, which can be compensated for with level, right?
Just my current train of thought. And sure, it's easy to scooch the chair or bean bag all around, as desired.

Well, sorta. I'm going for 30 degree angles up front, which puts me about where I'm at. The angles are good for the rears too. I'm thinking that's a bit more important than distance, which can be compensated for with level, right?
Just my current train of thought. And sure, it's easy to scooch the chair or bean bag all around, as desired.
God bless you Baggy. Most of us are too old to tolerate(not to mention drop down to or get up from)sitting on a bean baggins!

Back