SPOTLIGHT Dutton-Vocalion Pop/Rock '70s Quad Reissue Switchboard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you make these incredible new January 2020 additions to the list, please JonUrban ?

- Earth, Wind & Fire
"Spirit"
&
"That's The Way Of The World"

- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
"Black & Blue"
&
"Wake Up Everybody"

- The Miracles
"Love Crazy"

- The O'Jays
"Survival"
&
"Family Reunion"

Thank You šŸ¤˜

You didn't notice I left space for them?????

Working....................

PS - I just sent Angie a new Columbia page for the Label Section of the forum with all of the new D-V releases added to the list. It was actually ready a while back but I was sitting on it (and would not get up!) o_O

You didn't notice I left space for them?????

Working....................

PS - I just sent Angie a new Columbia page for the Label Section of the forum with all of the new D-V releases added to the list. It was actually ready a while back but I was sitting on it (and would not get up!) o_O

no i did not!!! šŸ˜±
its a race for space and more shelves, due to the elves! šŸ˜

ps: sounds fabulous!! can't wait to see it go up now you've got up šŸ¤£

pps: Thank You šŸ¤—

Switchboard Update: 1-17-2020

All set there fred, er Adam, er.............. :unsure:

phenomenal..!! thank you šŸ˜

now i see a few tantalising catalogue numbering gaps.. and some that got filled in long after what came before (Helen Reddy was assigned a number ages before it saw release!) i mean.. what might be CDSML8549 (between George Benson's "Body Talk" and Weather Report's "Tale Spinnin'") and what might be CDSML8555 (directly before Herbie Hancock's "Sextant").. the mind boggles šŸ¤Ŗ

edit: a wiser, younger, more handsome member has set me straight, at least one of those cat.no. gaps was Dave Valentin in Stereo. whoops!! šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
I noticed some titles state they are quadraphonic and others just say "multi-channel". Are all the titles on this list actual quadraphonic releases or just mixed to multi-channel. Thanks for any help!

I noticed some titles state they are quadraphonic and others just say "multi-channel". Are all the titles on this list actual quadraphonic releases or just mixed to multi-channel. Thanks for any help!
All Quad. If in doubt, they all say if they contain the Quad mix in the description.

1579358340094.png

All Quad. If in doubt, they all say if they contain the Quad mix in the description.

This is what caused my confusion. That title clearly states "Quadraphonic", but others on the list do not. For example these titles just state multi-channel with no mention of Quadraphonic:

CDLK4572
CDLK4597

Also when you search the Dutton website with the word "Quadraphonic" they do not show up in the results, I'm guessing because they didn't put the word Quadraphonic in the description area. Just wanted to make sure I am getting recordings with the original Quadraphonic mix. Maybe Dutton could clarify this by updating the descriptions.

This is what caused my confusion. That title clearly states "Quadraphonic", but others on the list do not. For example these titles just state multi-channel with no mention of Quadraphonic:

CDLK4572
CDLK4597

Also when you search the Dutton website with the word "Quadraphonic" they do not show up in the results, I'm guessing because they didn't put the word Quadraphonic in the description area. Just wanted to make sure I am getting recordings with the original Quadraphonic mix. Maybe Dutton could clarify this by updating the descriptions.
Good catch. Never noticed that before. Does seem odd. 4572 doesn't even say stereo...so seems like an omission. I'll ask Simon at Dutton and see what he says.

I asked Simon and he said they would work on getting this sorted out once things quiet down. I guess they are busy so that is great! I did notice some titles fixed already when I did another search today. Great to do business with such a helpful and responsive company.

CDLK4572
CDLK4597

Generally, when you see "Quadraphonic" it means four channel. It could be a legacy mix or a new one, but it's 4 channels. When it says it's multichannel, it usually means more than four channels. as in 5.1 or 7.1. Although that could be four channels also.

Back