5 More Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Earth, Wind & Fire, O'Jays, Harold Melvin & Blue Notes, Miracles, Helen Reddy (Jan 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Historically, I get a "shipped" notification from DV no later than 24 hours after my order. Haven't seen such email yet.....hmmm.
My last order took 2 days before shipping notice, and my current order is at two days now but still waiting for a ship notice. Hopefully they are just swamped with new orders and can't keep up :D

My last order took 2 days before shipping notice, and my current order is at two days now but still waiting for a ship notice. Hopefully they are just swamped with new orders and can't keep up :D

wake up everybody! they're black and blue from the long hard climb to the post office but don't be all love crazy.. that's the way of the world, keep your spirit and you'll "survive-all" (?!) with a nice big family reunion ...when you get them all by next Christmas, its a long (love sounds) journey from those Wizards of Watford from the (arse)end of the world to your town!

mwahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!! :devilish::SB🤭

Last edited:
It is SO gratifying that "TEAM D~V" also includes our very own humprof and that steelydave's graphic expertise will also be evident on D~V's latest incredible batch of QUAD SACDs. I'm still pinching myself that we are still being blessed with so many extraordinary releases years after SACD was proclaimed MORIBUND and 'this whole surround thingy' was likewise on life support gasping for breath.

It was once said "There are no second acts in American Lives ...." but who really could have predicted that a second British Invasion was coming .... in time to further celebrate the new millennium!

This past week we bid farewell to Jon Urban who inititated this splendiferous forum and greeted our new website owners and through their auspices and the bountiful posts from VERY knowledgeable members, SURROUND SOUND is not only alive and well but, IMO, somewhat thriving and as we enter into a new decade it only points toward a direction that the best is yet to come.

I was on the DV site today and was quite surprised to see.......Capitol Records represented :)

Like others have suggested ...it would be cool to see some others from Capitol, (fingers crossed).

Suggest some Steve Miller , The Joker , and Fly like an Eagle.,a n d..... Grand Funk.....all 3., maybe Babe Ruth , Eric Burdon..., Ringo....

And McCartney. :)

Who'd I miss??

Lennon, Floyd ??

It is SO gratifying that "TEAM D~V" also includes our very own humprof and that steelydave's graphic expertise will also be evident on D~V's latest incredible batch of QUAD SACDs. I'm still pinching myself that we are still being blessed with so many extraordinary releases years after SACD was proclaimed MORIBUND and 'this whole surround thingy' was likewise on life support gasping for breath.

It was once said "There are no second acts in American Lives ...." but who really could have predicted that a second British Invasion was coming .... in time to further celebrate the new millennium!

This past week we bid farewell to Jon Urban who inititated this splendiferous forum and greeted our new website owners and through their auspices and the bountiful posts from VERY knowledgeable members, SURROUND SOUND is not only alive and well but, IMO, somewhat thriving and as we enter into a new decade it only points toward a direction that the best is yet to come.

well i hope its not farwewell to Jon (or even Gudbuy T'Jane!) and that we'll see him post more than ever now! (y)

meantime, here's a hint from the wee elves;

nip to Ikea and get more shelves

🚗🌳🔨🔧🧹🛒🎨💅🧙‍♀️

Wow,

Fredblue , must be "highly stoked "with these five latest from DV ?!!!!

Lots of Philadelphia stuff. :) (and they are very good quads fwiw , tried that sampler from AF , oh yes indeed)

oh yes fizzywizzy! lets get dizzy!! :SB

in the words of The O'Jays i'll be on a "stairlift to heaven" (heav-en!) as soon as the postman rings (he doesn't need to ring twice either!!) when the latest batch cometh!

at present i'm listening to the discotastic "I Love Music" from the Family Reunion SQ LP, hopefully for the last time!

thanks i'm sure in no small part to the power of the Surround Master, glimmers of the quality of the mix shine through the murk of the sound of the LP.. snaps, crackles, pops, the works, you name it, i bought 3 copies of the SQ LP of this one and scrubbed them up good and proper but they were all duffers including the one i got that was still factory sealed.. you just can't polish a turd and most of the later CBS SQ pressings were pretty subpar lets face it, wafer thin vinyl and pressed off-centre to boot, with barely any runout groove there's music right upto the label (!) so even though my AT ML stylus no longer suffers the ignominy of IGD my old Ortofon elliptical did being at the end of Side 2 its still lacking the clarity of the 1st track on that side ("Livin' For The Weekend") which is what I hope to be doing by at least this time next week when the batch comes and i've had a chance to pay the ass out of them all...yes, Livin' for the weekend... wooo!!!!!

Geddit on, geddit onnnn... FUNKY FUNKY MUSIC! :dance

I wonder if I would like Helen Reddy in Quad? I definitely would not be interested if it was a stereo release.
Unless this is a top 5 quad discrete release I will probably pass?

Back