New Opeth album ”In Cauda Venenum” box w/ blu-ray 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Altiiing taar sluuuuttttt :LB

Well, a couple of months after, I can still say that I love this album. A lot. It will stay with the other big Opeth releases (Still Life, BW Park, D&D, Pale Communion).
I think I've listened to it more than I've listened to Pale Communion in fact.

And in Swedish, I don't like dubbed versions, like in foreign (non French for me) movies :QQlove

I finally had an opportunity to check out the 5.1 mix of this album, and while it’s definitely not up to the standards of Steven Wilson’s 5.1 mixes for them, it’s definitely better than “Sorceress” for sure! Most of the surround is reverb from the front, but there’s definitely some discrete things happening from time to time, so it’s definitely a somewhat legit mix.

So I made a poll for it. Enjoy!
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/opeth-in-cauda-venenum-blu-ray-audio.28033
:)

Anyone else notice a slight gap of silence between tracks 9 and 10 on this? (haven't checked the English version but it happens on the Swedish). I thought I had a bad rip but the the disc plays like that in my Oppo 203 also.
No one else did notice that so far? It's the same on the English version. This is really annoying. This should have been done more carefully. And I'm sure: no replacement disc.

No one else did notice that so far? It's the same on the English version. This is really annoying. This should have been done more carefully. And I'm sure: no replacement disc.
Yes, mine has that gap, it’s a split second and doesn’t really spoil it for me, it’s not like the gap you get on an android phone when listening to a gapless album, now that is annoying

Back