Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I wrong to hope and pray for a Firesign Theatre 2-fer: I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus & Everything You Know Is Wrong?

I have the second one in surround, but not the first ("squeeze the wheeze")! FT are great, although probably not to the taste of modern youth. . . .

Clement wrote: "FT are great, although probably not to the taste of modern youth. . . . "

That as good a reason to reissue it as I can think of...lol...

To save Clement shame, I was the one who said it. But heck, a lot of the surround market is going to us old folk (try to get a Gen Z to listen to Paul Mariat :ROFLMAO: ).

I thought it would be good because a) it’s rare and b) it goes for big money. I used to have it when quad was happening but of course it hit the dust long ago. I really like the album.

Would also like to see 'Remember The Future'. 'Journey To The Centre Of The Eye' has gotten a 5.1 and two different SACD releases, but nothing else except 'Live In New York' as far as I know. Maybe it's missing or unusable... Anybody know?

I have Remember the Future on SACD and it has the quad mix. Goes for big $$ these days though :(

I have Remember the Future on SACD and it has the quad mix. Goes for big $$ these days though :(

Remember the Future could be re- done much better by Mr. Dutton. The current SACD was "manipulated into 5.1 and de-noised"
I hate it when they do this.
I would much rather hear the original "Quad" version.
MVIMG_20200115_101831.jpg

Did Curtis Mayfield 1972 Roots LP come out in Quadraphonic Mix LP?
Be great if that could come out on SACD by the Great Dutton Gentleman.

it came out on Quad 8-track tape only, no Quad LP release afaik.
i think the Curtom stuff may be controlled by the estate now, they may be up for it, maybe not.

Speaking of Earth, Wind, and Fire, I have the Audio Fidelities -- and in the post, the DVs ;) -- and just last night noticed another one of their albums is surround: GRATITUDE.

Any comments on the quality of that one? As a completist, I feel the itch. . . .
I think it sounds great. The live tracks are fine, IMO. Not just ambience in the rears. and the studio tracks are outstanding. More than just "completist" to get this one. I think it's essential.

And yes, the AF titles are good too. I didn't balk at all at paying ~$30 each for those. And, as much as I like those albums, they were clearly just warm-ups for EWF hitting their stride with the next 5.

If only "All n All" and "I Am" had been given the 5.1 treatment along with "Gratitude"...

Oh well... having the 5 that we do have now is tremendous!

Back