Roger Waters 2020 North American tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Roger Waters has announced a 31 date summer tour. This time out, he will be playing in the round. It will be interesting to see how that works with surround sound.

Roger Waters This Is Not A Drill 2020 tour
Jul 08: Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena, PA
Jul 10: Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center, PA
Jul 14: Detroit Little Caesars Arena, MI
Jul 17: Toronto Scotiabank Arena, ON
Jul 21: Quebec City Videotron Centre, QC
Jul 23: Montreal Bell Centre, QC
Jul 25: Albany Times Union Center, NY
Jul 28: Boston TD Garden, MA
Jul 30: Washington Capitol One Arena, DC
Aug 01: Cincinnati Heritage Bank Center, OH
Aug 05: New York Madison Square Garden, NY
Aug 11: Raleigh PNC Arena, NC
Aug 13: Orlando Amway Center, FL
Aug 15: Miami AmericanAirlines Arena, FL
Aug 18: Nashville Bridgestone Arena, TN
Aug 20: Atlanta State Farm Arena, GA
Aug 22: Milwaukee Fiserv Forum, WI
Aug 25: Minneapolis Target Center, MN
Aug 27: Chicago United Center, IL
Aug 29: Kansas City Sprint Center, MO
Sep 02: Denver Pepsi Center, CO
Sep 04: Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena, NV
Sep 10: Los Angeles Staples Center, CA
Sep 14: Vancouver Rogers Arena, BC
Sep 16: Edmonton Rogers Place, AB
Sep 19: Tacoma Dome, WA
Sep 21: Portland Moda Center, OR
Sep 23: Sacramento Golden 1 Center, CA
Sep 25: San Francisco Chase Center, CA
Sep 30: Salt Lake City Vivint Smart Home Arena, UT
Oct 03: Dallas American Airlines Center, TX

Playing in SF at The Chase Center, too bad, not a good venue even though brand new, but if I can get lower section tickets I'll go. the nose bleeds at Chase Center are horrible.

He will get over it. I doubt anyone really cares if you "support" him or not.

Surround Sound in the Round has an awesome ring to it. His shows I have seen have been epic.
I have no clue what this reply means; seems kind of bizarre to suggest "no-one" else feels the way I do given the comments above. But regardless, enjoy the show.

I have no clue what this reply means; seems kind of bizarre to suggest "no-one" else feels the way I do given the comments above. But regardless, enjoy the show.

Very simple. Nobody cares what you think about politics in a music thread.

I saw his concert long ago when he toured doing the Dark side album. Music was great. Yet throughout the concert placards were held up and projections about middle east politics. I do not like getting injected with someone's political viewpoints when I buy a ticket to be entertained.
Which is why I stopped watching the Hollywood awards shows. My friends have varying political viewpoints and I accept it. No problem.
I will also not be going to Roger's concerts.

I also think it's great not to discuss politics here yet there is one member here with an avatar that is totally political. I just ignore it and read the posts.

Dude, his whole shtick is political, and half the comments above are about that, and my comment was about my lack of interest in seeing his tour. No-one cares about any of our individual views, and the whole "no-one cares what you think" bit is a juvenile rhetorical tactic.

Call me names. I can take it. I still don't give a rats ass about your views. "Supporting him financially" is hilarious. That is equal to a tear in the big blue sea.

On the fence on this. I'm not the target audience for the 'Pink Floyd radio hits'. Getting treated to his pre-recorded vocals for 70% of the show and the band performing album reads of the music... His stagecraft and theater is over the top when he wants to deliver though. Wouldn't mind seeing that. Crack band playing those album readings too and at concert volume, in surround sound, and with the expensive engineers at the helm.

I wonder if this will be a continuation of the tour with the same expensive stage show or if this is another one of those pickup tours on a budget with much of that watered down? I might be in if I knew it was the former.

Going after the developmentally disabled sock puppet is pretty low hanging fruit too. Now if he starts putting names and faces of military industrial complex shareholders up on the screen and matching them to the politicians they own...

Call me names. I can take it. I still don't give a rats ass about your views. "Supporting him financially" is hilarious. That is equal to a tear in the big blue sea.
You know, this is a public forum, and it's really just the sum of how we use it. If you think you're being productive and helpful to this community, then you go for it.

Please guys, address the concert and the artist, not the political views. This is the kind of crap that I hate to see here. We don't need it. You can support his views or not, just don't discuss your POV here. It will only get the thread canned.

K?

I wonder if this will be a continuation of the tour with the same expensive stage show or if this is another one of those pickup tours on a budget with much of that watered down? I might be in if I knew it was the former.

I've seen every Waters solo US tour. I would never call any of them watered down.

EDIT: I just realized is a pun... watered down :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Radio Kaos was the bomb, Paul Carrack opening was great, phone in questions during tea break, hot girls on backing vocals, tight band, perfect sized venue :smokin

Agree 1,000%!!! I saw that tour five nights. It was amazing. Easily the best band he ever took out on the road; they were tight and had a ton of energy. The production was incredible, second only to The Wall tour.

The photo below was taken on the opening night of the tour in Providence. I'm on the left. Neither he nor I had gray hair then. :p

kaos.jpg

Back