Elliot not on Front Page of Surround Polls?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salsdali

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
am I seeing things?

Screenshot_2020-01-26 QuadraphonicQuad - Surround Polls.png

Say it ain't so, Joe

Well the excitment of Dutton Vocalion pumping out old quads (and they do it really great) that no one would have guessed ten year ago along with some of the tops that comes with super mega deluxe editions are probably two factors (some voting is on the actual package). Also, when Elliot did his thing Steven Wilson was just getting started.

despite my own personal feeling that many Scheiner 5.1's absolutely should be up there (including Winelight, Homecoming, The Captain & Me, Dig, Nightfly, Sea Change, Gaucho..) as has been suggested we are witnessing the DV effect in full flow.

on a tangent, fwiw i also believe DV are killing part of the used Quad market, prices appear to have dropped on many SQ LPs and Q8s of CBS albums that they have released on SACD.

...on a tangent, fwiw i also believe DV are killing part of the used Quad market, prices appear to have dropped on many SQ LPs and Q8s of CBS albums that they have released on SACD.

Good. I hope DV eventually kills all of that used market. In the meantime I will cherish the released ES mixes and continue to lobby for the ones still in the vaults.

I think the poll results reflect a phenomenon known as a “recency effect.”

With the latest barrage of Dutton Vocalion QUAD SACDs from that golden age of 70's whacky Surround mentality [IMO, GOOD whacky], I suppose room must be accomodated in the polls for these new kids on the block.

Elliot Scheiner will always shine bright in our hearts and minds as one of THE most tasteful advocates of quality remixes and hoping that he comes out of retirement from time to time to grace our ears with a few more ES remixes!

Winelight is the best sounding disc I have, out of hundreds. Makes my system sound fantastic. I think it's the best sound on any disc I've ever heard in my lifetime (I'm 63). ES is the best!

yeay! i love the Winelight DVD-Audio so much i want to be buried with it.. and the mastering of the 5.1 on the AF SACD is unbelievably even better than the already incredible DVD-Audio!! 🤯

Back