Marillion "Script for a Jester's Tear" (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that the signed print (via the band's shop) will be signed by the "then" drummer, Mick Pointer.

Major bummer that Market Square Heroes EP & Charting the Single will not be in 5.1
This doesn't bode well for getting Cinderella Search (full-length version) in 5.1 when the Fugazi edition rolls around.
I guess that they have been consistent though with the B-Sides. The only B-side or bonus cut to see 5.1 version in this series was "Lady Nina" .

I hope they do Cinderella Search in 5.1. I think it's the best of the B sides and singles. You may be aware that there's a compendium CD called B'Sides that has all of them. I'd love it if they'd put out a deluxe 5.1 remix of that album!

I hope they do Cinderella Search in 5.1. I think it's the best of the B sides and singles. You may be aware that there's a compendium CD called B'Sides that has all of them. I'd love it if they'd put out a deluxe 5.1 remix of that album!

In my book, Cinderella Search is one of the best songs from the Fish era.
B-Sides only included the weaker - single version of the song that fades out too early. The full version is roughly a minute longer and ratchets up the song's intensity with Rothery's guitar work and in Fish's "I always use the cue sheets but never the nets, welcome back to the circus" line.

anyways........
B-Sides is not planned for re-release at this point. Neither is the live album Real to Reel or the EP Brief Encounter

Not including a 5.1 mix of Grendel and the other songs from Market Square Heroes EP really does not make any sense to me at all. They did new stereo mixes, what stopped them from doing 5.1?

I am truly baffled at this decision

In my book, Cinderella Search is one of the best songs from the Fish era.
B-Sides only included the weaker - single version of the song that fades out too early. The full version is roughly a minute longer and ratchets up the song's intensity with Rothery's guitar work and in Fish's "I always use the cue sheets but never the nets, welcome back to the circus" line.

anyways........
B-Sides is not planned for re-release at this point. Neither is the live album Real to Reel or the EP Brief Encounter

At least the full length version is included on the 1998 24-bit CD remaster of Fugazi. Keep your fingers crossed that we might hear it yet in 5.1.

Just guessing here but could it be that they did not have the master tapes for this song as well as other potential bonus stuff so that is the reason that they could not do a proper 5.1.

They must have the multis as they were able to do a stereo remix of the Market Square Heroes EP.

US buyers: do you recall the best price from the last set? I'm good on signatures. Would like to keep cost down.
Do the US discounters offer these eventually?

You can't have this for under 40$, but Import CDs has from past experience good prices. The last afraid of sunlight is 34$ right now, which seems to be the best price I have seen:

Afraid of Sunlight

Back