Amazon Echo Studio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they'll put in subliminal messages saying buy more from us, buy more from us, buy ……………...…………… :devilish:

And like the 'robots' we are ...... We Will BUY MORE ...... or risk having to track down those annoying 'esoteric' items at some flea market...or such!

See the source image

Comes with FREE PRIME 2 day delivery

That contradicts everything else that I've read....we'll have to look into this some more...
Dolby Atmos Music arrives on Amazon Music HD

This is from https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/dolby-atmos-music-arrives-on-amazon-music-hd

"But you don’t need to have an Echo Studio to play Dolby Atmos Music through Amazon Music HD. Any speakers will do the trick so long as they’re connected to an AVR which supports Atmos. So if you already have a home cinema set-up and an Atmos-supporting amp, then your content options just got a little better with Dolby Atmos Music more readily available "

If I can verify that Amazon Music HD has Atmos music available now, I'll sign up for a free trial and test Atmos streaming on my Marantz. According to the above article, they should have 50 songs available now....
I couldn't find a definitive answer if Amazon Music HD has Atmos music available for streaming now or not. I saw that the Amazon Echo Studio release date is set for Nov 7th and decided I'd go ahead and signup for the 90 free trial for their HD Music. I figure it should cover the launch period and any Atmos music they may be waiting to release for the actual Echo Studio release...
After signing up for the HD music, I had to figure out how to get the account into my HEOS app on my Marantz AVR. After some more searches, I found that you have to run the HEOS app on a mobile device (I used my iPAD) and just sign into my Amazon Music account. I was able to browse and search Amazon Music. They have several Ultra HD Playlist created by genre and artist. I could stream 44.1k 16bit to my AVR. Beatles Abby Road was available at a higher 96k 24bit I believe. I searched for Kraftwerk Catalogue 3D and Prometheus - Cinematic and Live - Rhapsody but only 2 channel music was available to stream. I couldn't find / stream any Atmos music. Everything I tested was in 2 channel only.
Several of the articles I read stated that Atmos music will be available to stream when the Echo Studio is released so I'll be sure to search for Atmos music in a few more weeks.

David H

In The Age Of A.I. - Frontline
This is why I don't subscribe to Facebook or Twitter and try to be at least slightly anonymous on the web. This is a must see program, if you've ever wondered how the large data/social media companies collect your information, and where it might all be going.
This includes Internet of Things (IOT) type devices like Alexa and others.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/in-the-age-of-ai/

This is why I don't subscribe to Facebook or Twitter and try to be at least slightly anonymous on the web. This is a must see program, if you've ever wondered how the large data/social media companies collect your information, and where it might all be going.

Haven't had the chance to watch the PBS AI broadcast but I'm with you, JP, on anonymity eschewing Facebook, Twitter, Alexa, etc to somewhat remain invisible. It's bad enough a lot of internet transactions all require your credit card info, etc., and as we know are hardly immune to hacking but putting your personal info and photographs out there via facebook, Twitter, etc., IMO do not help allay future threats against your privacy.

See the source image

Haven't had the chance to watch the PBS AI broadcast but I'm with you, JP, on anonymity eschewing Facebook, Twitter, Alexa, etc to somewhat remain invisible. It's bad enough a lot of internet transactions all require your credit card info, etc., and as we know are hardly immune to hacking but putting your personal info and photographs out there via facebook, Twitter, etc., IMO do not help allay future threats against your privacy.
I was glued to my seat watching this, a real mind blower, it may already be too late!

I was glued to my seat watching this, a real mind blower, it may already be too late!

I fear you're right. Watched a similar episode on CNN or was it MSNBC about how the Russians, Chinese, India is hacking into not only our power grids but have broadened their reaches to American shores disrupting major corporations and even hospitals and the cost of reversing the damage translates not only into lost revenue [and perhaps human lives] but billions in undoing what these renegade hackers have succeeded in doing.

Scary ain't the word....and it's only the tip of the iceberg!

I fear you're right. Watched a similar episode on CNN or was it MSNBC about how the Russians, Chinese, India is hacking into not only our power grids but have broadened their reaches to American shores disrupting major corporations and even hospitals and the cost of reversing the damage translates not only into lost revenue [and perhaps human lives] but billions in undoing what these renegade hackers have succeeded in doing.

Scary ain't the word....and it's only the tip of the iceberg!

I wonder what we are doing to them. I'll stream the Frontline program on a TV connected to a Roku Stick...I had to give them my credit card, too. Ugh.

….. and me (there is nothing altruistic about how companies use our data on the web) ..................…. assuming this is me :devilish:

> Even certain mobile devices — including the newest iPhones — are equipped with a version of Atmos technology.

I love case studies where a lot of money is made out of nothing. I must admit that I want Dolby to get away with this.

I've been wondering lately 🧐 , what it would take to build our own Atmos music player on the cheap (yeah relative). From some kind of NUC or HTPC to speakers and software.

Any thoughts on that 🤠 ?

I've been wondering lately 🧐 , what it would take to build our own Atmos music player on the cheap (yeah relative). From some kind of NUC or HTPC to speakers and software.

Any thoughts on that 🤠 ?
The MKV format is the only ripped format that can carry the Atmos metadata. Many players are already capable of playing MKV. Hook them to an Atmos capable AVR and it should work.

Any thoughts on that 🤠 ?

Pretty much any PC with (I believe) HDMI 2.0 or better can bitstream Atmos to a capable receiver - that's what I do with my NUC. If you're set up this way and have Win 10 you can download the Dolby Access app which allows you to test your setup and play back a bunch of Atmos demonstration videos. It makes it seem like you need to pay $14.99 for the app but that's not the case - the only thing that paying for the app unlocks is Atmos headphone decoding, it's free if you just want to bitstream Atmos to a receiver.

I'm sure that sooner rather than later Amazon Music/Tidal etc. will roll out updates to their streaming software that allows you to bitstream this new Atmos music directly to your receiver, and then every HDMI 2.0 (and better) computer will be the Atmos-capable music player that you're looking for, which is why I think this is an exciting new development for the future of surround music.

Back