Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I have had several epsidoes where SACDs have been damaged in transit. I actually emailed them this time around and sent pictures, but haven't heard back. :( Vocalion1.JPGVocalion4.JPGVocalion2.JPG

I think they should just charge us more for shipping and use boxes or something more substantial for their international shipping.
I had an email conversation with Simon @ DV. I suggested they look into Burning Shed's packaging. Seems like it wouldn't cost that much more than their current deficient system, and I've never had a cracked case from the 'Shed.

Eleven days from order date, received yesterday !. (Jan 27th- Feb 06th)

No tracking and cheapest mailing utilized. Hell they must like me at DV........*SO A BIG THANKYOU *-TO ALL AT DUTTON VOCALION :)

Playing a little catch up with some titles.

Attachments

• 20200206_164131.jpg
    20200206_164131.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 20200206_164147.jpg
    20200206_164147.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 265
Eleven days from order date, received yesterday !. (Jan 27th- Feb 06th)

No tracking and cheapest mailing utilized. Hell they must like me at DV........*SO A BIG THANKYOU *-TO ALL AT DUTTON VOCALION :)

Playing a little catch up with some titles.
You lead a charmed life, Mr. fizzywiggs! :)

As long the discs aren’t damaged and sound great, I don’t care. DV uses the cheapest CD jewel cases as it is. It’s not like these are part of any unique packaging.

Jewel cases are what these days? 100 for 25 bucks? (A quarter a piece). Just replace the few that show up busted, be happy about the cheap cost of the discs and enjoy the music!

(well, here I am, back, in spite of myself...got a bit pissed off cause a mod zapped my post that "did not conform to the PTB point of view" , which funnily enough I posted without malice AND stating clearly that an OPEN MIND is what we all need.. oh well.. I hope that it made you happy , whoever you were... BTW, if you ZAP this post too at least send me a quick email so I can stop altogether, OK? thanks, and yes, I have taken my meds... people from the past know who I am and those who truly know me know that I am a good man with no ill intent, and those of you who might think are free of sin shall cast the first or second stone... thanks,JC , great quote!)

finally placed a DV order which I had been postponing since last year... it's a dooooozyyyyyyy... 18, count 'em, eighteen CDs!!!! I splurged the extra fee for TRACKING... so , unless someone zaps this post I'll let you know how long it took to get to North America..
Here it is:

Shipping Method: Economy (tracked) rest of the world
--------------------------
Product ID: CDLX7364
Product Name: Daniel Barenboim & Artur Rubinstein - Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 (The "Emperor" Concerto) & Sonata No. 18 in E flat, Op. 31, No. 3 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: £11.99
Product ID: CDSML8559
Product Name: Donald Byrd - Black Byrd [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDLK4628
Product Name: Ray Conniff - Harmony & The Way We Were [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8564
Product Name: The Guess Who - American Woman & Share the Land [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8534
Product Name: Art Garfunkel - Angel Clare [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8561
Product Name: MFSB - Philadelphia Freedom & Summertime [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product ID: CDSML8570
Product Name: The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: 2CDSML8560
Product Name: Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Unit Price: £19.99
Product ID: 2CDSML8568
Product Name: Argent - In Deep & Nexus & Ring of Hands [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product ID: CDSML8565
Product Name: B W Stevenson - My Maria & Calabasas [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8562
Product Name: The Guess Who - Rockin' & The Best of The Guess Who - Volume 2 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDLX7333
Product Name: Julian Bream/John Eliot Gardiner/The Monteverdi Orchestra - Concertos for Lute and Orchestra & Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8563
Product Name: Paul Revere & The Raiders - Hard 'n' Heavy (with marshmallow) & Indian Reservation [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDLX7336
Product Name: Artur Rubinstein/Eugene Ormandy/The Philadelphia Orchestra - Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No. 2 & Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No. 2/Falla: Nights in the Gardens of Spain [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8566
Product Name: The O'Jays - Survival & Family Reunion [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8569
Product Name: The Miracles - Love Crazy & Miracles [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product ID: CDSML8571
Product Name: Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Black and Blue & Wake Up Everybody [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product ID: CDSML8574
Product Name: Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit & That's the Way of the World [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Order Total : £231.82
Shipping : £30.50
Grand Total : £262.32

(well, here I am, back, in spite of myself...got a bit pissed off cause a mod zapped my post that "did not conform to the PTB point of view" , which funnily enough I posted without malice AND stating clearly that an OPEN MIND is what we all need.. oh well.. I hope that it made you happy , whoever you were... BTW, if you ZAP this post too at least send me a quick email so I can stop altogether, OK? thanks, and yes, I have taken my meds... people from the past know who I am and those who truly know me know that I am a good man with no ill intent, and those of you who might think are free of sin shall cast the first or second stone... thanks,JC , great quote!)

finally placed a DV order which I had been postponing since last year... it's a dooooozyyyyyyy... 18, count 'em, eighteen CDs!!!! I splurged the extra fee for TRACKING... so , unless someone zaps this post I'll let you know how long it took to get to North America..
Here it is:

Product Name: Daniel Barenboim & Artur Rubinstein - Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 (The "Emperor" Concerto) & Sonata No. 18 in E flat, Op. 31, No. 3 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product Name: Ray Conniff - Harmony & The Way We Were [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: The Guess Who - American Woman & Share the Land [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: MFSB - Philadelphia Freedom & Summertime [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product Name: The Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: Argent - In Deep & Nexus & Ring of Hands [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product Name: The Guess Who - Rockin' & The Best of The Guess Who - Volume 2 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: Julian Bream/John Eliot Gardiner/The Monteverdi Orchestra - Concertos for Lute and Orchestra & Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: Paul Revere & The Raiders - Hard 'n' Heavy (with marshmallow) & Indian Reservation [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: Artur Rubinstein/Eugene Ormandy/The Philadelphia Orchestra - Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No. 2 & Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No. 2/Falla: Nights in the Gardens of Spain [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: The O'Jays - Survival & Family Reunion [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: The Miracles - Love Crazy & Miracles [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel / Stereo]
Product Name: Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Black and Blue & Wake Up Everybody [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Product Name: Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit & That's the Way of the World [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

ALWAYS KNEW YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN. WELCOME BACK KAP AND DON'T FEEL BADLY. A LOT OF MY POSTS HAVE BEEN ZAPPED AS WELL BUT IT'S THE PRICE ONE PAYS FOR CONTRASTING OPINIONS.

Great Haul and many many hours of sonic bliss ahead.

See the source image

Here it is:

Got them last Wednesday...2 packages, one was 10 ea and the other 8 each...no cracked cases at all ..it was worth "splurging" on tracking cause I knew where they were at all times...
Can't believe the great bargain on these...

Here's some info on the shipping time for my last DV SACD order:

Order placed: Sep 25
Order shipped: Sep 25
Order arrived in mailbox east coast US: Oct 2 (AM)

I paid for priority with tracking.

This was an 8 pack to stay in compliance with GOS's law.
You New Joisey boys get the best service.

Back