Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thought, is there any possibility we can get MMH to Linux?

The underlying audio tools all run on Linux but the UI is all based on .NET for Windows. There’s is now .NET Core which is platform independent but there’s still no good UI libraries (last time I looked a year ago probably). I’ve had same question for MACOS too.

It would be possible to do a web browser based UI with local .net core apps to reproduce a similar functionality. You’d need local installed files on your device as processing file across the internet would be way to slow. (MCH hires files are huge). It would be a huge task though.

I‘ll keep my eye on UI libraries for .NET Core, actually my son (software developer) mentioned something to me at Christmas on this, and recommended I check it out. This reminded me to do so.

So short answer, it’s possible but it won’t happen soon (if at all)

MP3Tag can tag MKAs not sure if any players can read MKA tag yet, Kodi no, I can’t remember if Foobar can?
Yea, I guess that's what meant. I use Kodi and tried tagging Abbey Road Atmos, with Everything under the sun. Never got it to read right but also never got it to play, either. Hoping for a player update to support it, both.

Same here. One of the Kodi dev team guys posted a couple days ago the they’re too busy to fix just yet but know what the code is to fix it. He invited someone to do it but I can’t code in C+. (It’s Open Source code).

I was thinking of offering to donate to get it done but I don’t want to throw much at it. Maybe if a few of us did?

Edit: Fixing the Abbey Rd Atmos issue

I was thinking of offering to donate to get it done but I don’t want to throw much at it. Maybe if a few of us did?

Edit: Fixing the Abbey Rd Atmos issue

I’d be happy to help too... I ain’t got much - but I know I love Quad (and er Atmos) :phones

I wonder if they purposely went for those high bit rates for added copy protection or it’s just something else?

Last edited:
Its the only Atmos mix I have issues with in Kodi. The peak data rate is insane!

I reached out to one of the Kodi team regarding possibilities of getting prioritised through donations. I’ll let you know. I know there’s many affected. We may only need to put in $10 each if we get enough of us onboard.

If donations will get it done I’ll create a new thread to call for interested folk here on QQ and on the Kodi forum.

If donations will get it done I’ll create a new thread to call for interested folk here on QQ and on the Kodi forum.

Donations won’t get it done as no Kodi developers get paid. All volunteer work.

I’ve looked at the code changes and it’s just merging existing code outside Kodi into one of its libraries. I’m going to take a look at doing that. Hopefully it’s straight forward as I have Visual Studio installed.

Well that would be uber cool! And I can donate some bevvies to you instead... 🍻

I guess it wouldn’t be such a big deal if it wasn’t such a great mix?! If they do any of ‘Let It Be’ film/album in Atmos it may have the same issue as well?

Cheers

Hello Homer -- with my Parkinson's and Vertical diplopia keeping my screen time very limited (what you guys do in 5 minutes takes me half an hour at least) your renaming tool is such a time Saver to me. I just wanted to say a brief hello to let you know i am still updating your AWESOME program!!!
And pinning it to my taskbar and USING IT almost daily!!!

Homer is the best of the Internet.

Thanks Duncs.

I as hoping you could help... It's going to be harder that I thought as the two systems are very different, not sure I'm confident enough in C++ to start ripping Kodi's bitstreaming code apart...

Hey Garry, I got an update notice when I launched MMH today, but after it seemed to update, I get this msg:

1581362698720.png

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Can you please try again, this time capture the info when ‘details’ is clicked. THX.

I assume your MMH was installed from the installer not the zip download?

Edit: You must have installed it if you got an update notice. Maybe a reboot and try again.

Last edited:
So out of curiosity, what is the data or kbps amount playing that Atmos mix of Beatles? Do different Atmos mixes use different data?

(my home is not Atmos secured yet)

It's been some time since I installed MMH. I don't remember how I installed it, but it has updated before without problems. I rebooted, but I had the same problem. I've attached the details info.

Attachments

• 9XM0Z06S.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 151
So out of curiosity, what is the data or kbps amount playing that Atmos mix of Beatles? Do different Atmos mixes use different data?

Abbey Rd peaks at 16,000kbps just about every other Atmos and DTS:X release are seldom over 8,000kbps and all play perfectly.

Back