Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had Al Kooper on my mind and thought of this Blood, Sweat & Tears, there first release, cool cover and at the time Audio Fidelity released this 5.1 it was Sir Ralphie's (4earred----)favorite release.
51ciQcWpl2L.jpg

Well I had Al Kooper on my mind and thought of this Blood, Sweat & Tears, there first release, cool cover and at the time Audio Fidelity released this 5.1 it was Sir Ralphie's (4earred----)favorite release.
View attachment 46182

And remains one of Ralphie's FAVS ...... sounds amazing on my system. Really wish Al Kooper took on some more surround projects for other artrists.

Feel Better Markie.....plenty of OJ ...... there are MANY roofs ahead that need the Maestro's golden touch.

Lute, you're killing me! That's 5 DV twofers that you listed in the last few two days that I don't have. How am I going to order only 5? That's an odd number and would break GOS's Law. (These are some interesting titles and a couple that I was unaware of.)
I can’t get enough of these absolutely gorgeous Quad albums from Dutton Vocalion. Along with all the rock, jazz and classical music, I must say it’s the Country & Western albums that have put the biggest smile on my face. Where else can I hear a banjo, steel guitar or harmonica coming from the rear speakers. And the discrete quad mixes really bring those beautiful gospel inspired vocals & choruses to life.

Listening to...

2A1BD074-E42F-4576-AB41-E3C422094231.jpeg

B. W. Stevenson: My Maria / Calabasas

Got it Wednesday and have just a few minutes to listen now, Dream Theater Distance Over Time Blu-ray Disc, chose DTS-HD MA 5.1 96k. Crunchy, should be able to find time for a proper listen over a three day weekend. Drums are out there, discrete elements in the surrounds, good low end and overall good SQ. Video content catches the eye too. So far so good. Made it through the whole disc, this deserves another louder listen.

Last edited:
I'm giving Hemispheres another try in 5.1 but going back and forth with the 2.0 from the same box set. Unfortunately I think the stereo from the Blu Ray out performs the 5.1 from the Blu Ray. It's very confusing to me cuz you do get a surround field in one but like in track one of the 5.1 you can't hear the kick drum as good as you can in the stereo. I don't know what to like?
61QBYIHS8AL._SX522_.jpg

I don't know why I love this album so much? I think it was that space in time, old enough to buy a record, not old enough to drive, sitting at home with my little stack of LP's. I had the first Doors album also, but this 2nd album really got me, maybe the cover which was completely opposite of the first. These Door's SACD surround discs have been out for a long time, can you imagine what we would be all wanting had the 5.1 Doors not been released, I certainly don't take these for granted, they are all wonderful and belong in everybody's collection.
812Cq0zrsNL._SX522_.jpg

Back