HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - THE DIVISION BELL

• Total voters
So that DVD is just the 5.1 mix in lossy formats?
Like I had said further up, I believe its 24/96 DTS, which is the least lossy of all the lossy formats IMO.
I also have a ripped version from the blueray. It is difficult, if not impossible for me to tell them apart.

Edit: Apparently i'm wrong... looks like 24/48 judging from Gos' info.

Reactions: GOS
Oops - sorry team, I didn't realize this was the blu-ray poll thread. Move or delete my posts as needed... :(
It's fine, I just realized the DVD has got a different print than the Blu-ray, I assumed both were the same. DVD looks great.

Like I had said further up, I believe its 24/96 DTS, which is the least lossy of all the lossy formats IMO.
I also have a ripped version from the blueray. It is difficult, if not impossible for me to tell them apart.

Edit: Apparently i'm wrong... looks like 24/48 judging from Gos' info.

Well, maybe I incorrectly ripped it..I’ll try it again..been a few years and I’m a bit smarter now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave it a 10. I've enjoyed Pink Floyd and the guitar of David Gilmour for about 35 years. There's some really tasty guitar going on here. I can't believe it took me 24 years to listen to this! The placement of the instruments around the room bring the music to life. I'm glad to have heard the album for the first time in this awesome 5.1 mix. I'm surprised this hasn't been made available as a standalone disc. I have to think it would sell like hotcakes among Floyd fans. I have actually heard the final song before. I thought I hadn't heard any of it.

I plan to spin the vinyl later this week for comparison after I clean it with the Okki Nokki arriving on Wednesday. I got back into vinyl again this year after a break of about 25 years. Having a lot of fun collecting records again.:phones

Last edited:
I forgot about that...I even tried to score one but was too late...I wonder whey they made what seems like a limited amount and didn't put it in stores.
My suspicion is they were left overs, after the box sets were put together.
I think the box sets come with the same DVD. Not sure, but I'm sure glad it happened. I snagged one the very minute I heard the news.
Same as when a box of The Black Album was found and the DVD-A appeared suddenly on metallica.com for a brief time.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

This would be a 10 from me if I loved all of the songs but there are a couple that have never excited me. The surround mix is great and the fidelity is top notch. I swear, Gilmour soloing on Coming Back to Life sounds as if he is plugged in and playing in my room. I voted a 9!

Feeling generous so gave it an 8.
Surround mix is excellent, but music is not soul-moving. Little video is nice.
Ain't no DSOTM or WYWH. or Animals. So how can we rate DSOTM with 10 and live with ourselves?
I detest compression in recordings, so try to avoid it in ratings. Due to the mediocre music (let's be honest) this one should probably be rated lower actually..

Feeling generous so gave it an 8.
Surround mix is excellent, but music is not soul-moving. Little video is nice.
Ain't no DSOTM or WYWH. or Animals. So how can we rate DSOTM with 10 and live with ourselves?
I detest compression in recordings, so try to avoid it in ratings. Due to the mediocre music (let's be honest) this one should probably be rated lower actually..
You must dislike The Endless River even more then.

I like this album and am very glad the 5.1 was released. I bought the standalone DVD and Blu-ray.
Started with the DVD. The highs seemed harsh on both formats. I thought maybe the Blu-ray would be smoother. One box set later and no improvement. Ear fatigue....
I feel this should have been mixed as a proper quad or 5.1. Instead it's somewhere in between.
Bring in some new blood and let someone else improve this !!!

Are we ever going to review The Later Years box set? A Momentary Lapse of Reason, Delicate Sound of Thunder, The Division Bell, and Pulse all have new 5.1 remixes. Not sure about The Endless River.

Back