Playing Philadelphia Freedom SACD in 5.1 with Oppo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polmac

I hope someone can help, as I have a strange problem! I’ve just listened to Philadelphia Freedom on my Oppo, and it sounds amazing. However, I can’t find Summertime on the disc!
After track 11, it stops. I can’t fast forward or input tracks 12 onwards on my remote. I’ve pressed top menu and pop up menu on my remote, but nothing happens.
The menu on my tv shows disc title as Philadelphia Freedom & Summertime, but only shows 11 tracks.
I’m aware that Summertime is in stereo, but surely it would give me the option to play it?!
This is driving me a wee bit crazy...

I hope someone can help, as I have a strange problem! I’ve just listened to Philadelphia Freedom on my Oppo, and it sounds amazing. However, I can’t find Summertime on the disc!
After track 11, it stops. I can’t fast forward or input tracks 12 onwards on my remote. I’ve pressed top menu and pop up menu on my remote, but nothing happens.
The menu on my tv shows disc title as Philadelphia Freedom & Summertime, but only shows 11 tracks.
I’m aware that Summertime is in stereo, but surely it would give me the option to play it?!
This is driving me a wee bit crazy...
It only plays in stereo mode

Now that the playback issue has been solved, perhaps a kind moderator could clean up the thread and remove all this poll unrelated stuff. Thank you in advance!

Thanks folks, that’s appreciated. After posting, I changed the settings as subsequently suggested and the missing tracks appeared onscreen, but this seemed a bit of a faff. So the info about the audio button is very useful!

When you switch the audio, is this changing from the multichannel SACD layer to the stereo SACD layer?

Yes, there’s a very slight pause in playback, then it changes (obviously only with Philadelphia Freedom, then it remains stereo for Summertime).

Back