(1971-10) Quad Issue - Audio mag.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't a reader of "Audio" until several years later. I almost forgot that all the buzz about Quad really started that early on, I remember all the Electronics Magazines from 1972 contained at least one article about Quad though. Ah, those were the days!!
Around that time in the UK quite a few hobbyist Electronics magazines had Quad projects to build, Practical Electronics had a complete Quad amp project if I remember rightly, so '71-'72 I was 14-15 and avidly bought and kept them. I wish my parents hadn't chucked all my magazines out when I was at Uni a few years later :(, I only had enough space in my Dad's car for the Wireless World ones when he took me there

Around that time in the UK quite a few hobbyist Electronics magazines had Quad projects to build, Practical Electronics had a complete Quad amp project if I remember rightly, so '71-'72 I was 14-15 and avidly bought and kept them. I wish my parents hadn't chucked all my magazines out when I was at Uni a few years later :(, I only had enough space in my Dad's car for the Wireless World ones when he took me there
We are the same age then, I did manage to keep most of my magazines. You can find downloads of a lot of them, Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics and Audio. One good one that I no longer have nor can find was a Canadian Magazine called Electron.

Around that time in the UK quite a few hobbyist Electronics magazines had Quad projects to build, Practical Electronics had a complete Quad amp project if I remember rightly..
Yes Duncan, you do, 'twas the PE Rondo:
PE Rondo.JPG

Last edited:
Yes Duncan, you do, 'twas the PE Rondo:
View attachment 46493
I remember the cover! I suspect I based my design of simple Motorola IC SQ decoder (non-logic) around the PE one. I did look at quite a few circuits before I built it in my 2nd year at Uni (77-78) - the 'fun' of marking out and etching my own PCB. My father had given me his old stereo amp & speakers and along with my stereo suddenly I had Quadraphonics - first SQ LP I played was Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". Happy Days :51QQ, and I even had hair then, lots of it, right the way down my back (which is the only place it now grows :ROFLMAO: )!

Back