What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big big Train - Reflectors of light..........terrible image quality

image.jpg

OK, I guess it's time for me to unwrap my Small Small Trolley and see what all this chatter is about bad picture quality. :SG
The picture quality is not terrible at all. There are certain shots that can appear soft, but overall it looks perfectly fine and quite good. It may not match the greatest of concert Blu-rays sharpness-wise, but too much is being made about the ‘terrible picture quality’.

The problem with the picture is the crush caused by the concert lighting which tends to burn out the detail at times. I find it difficult to watch so this is more of an audio experience for me.

Steve Winwood sound stage
This is just the dvd but it has DTS 5.1 and sounds great. A good concert and touring band performance. Steve plays guitar organ mandolin and runs through some traffic blind faith and current songs from 2004.
Mix is front weighted but very clear you can hear every instrument.

I also got the bluray sound stage of Sheryl Crow which does have a better picture and great fidelity.

But you forget that the lowly dvd can have a good picture and sound.

Toto — 25th Anniversary Live in Amsterdam (Blu-ray, dts)
Edgar Winter Live at the Galaxy (DVD, dts)

Toto disc: very energetic, tight performance of hits plus rarely-played album cuts with three key original performers (Lukather, Kimball, and Paich). Surround is okay, mostly ambience with a few synth and effects in rear. Never thought I’d say this, but ... on my 77” LG OLED, plain old HD is looking pretty crufty in 2020 — especially when shot with 20-year-old vidcams. The DVD visuals on the Winter disc are unbearable. But I never buy these for the visuals. But for the record (see what I did there?), are there any good 4K Dolby Vision + Atmos concerts around?

Big Big Train, a recommendation from many at QQ. Came home early long work week, having a cup of Irish tea, sugar, almond milk and rum.
Sounds great, new music for me but not to happy with the video, too blue. Track 2 better but orange.
I don't know, I don't think I am into it, think I'll hit stop and try again later.
71Z2pnZQbHL._SX522_.jpg

Back