Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lawrence Juber
Guitar Noir
While I munch on a couple of well tossed pancakes.
As We celebrate Shrove Tuesday.....Well some of us do.
https://www.discogs.com/Laurence-Juber-Guitar-Noir/release/8486906
Traditionally, Shrove Tuesday was a day for using up food that could not be eaten during Lent, which was a time for fasting. Therefore people made pancakes using leftover eggs and butter.

Why through @fredblue of COURSE! He is my favorite playboy!

For those ultra blue moods ... when lights are low

See the source image

Lawrence Juber
Guitar Noir
While I munch on a couple of well tossed pancakes.
As We celebrate Shrove Tuesday.....Well some of us do.
https://www.discogs.com/Laurence-Juber-Guitar-Noir/release/8486906
Traditionally, Shrove Tuesday was a day for using up food that could not be eaten during Lent, which was a time for fasting. Therefore people made pancakes using leftover eggs and butter.

The ONLY thing I'm giving up for LENT this year Mike ..... IS LENT!

Lovely album, BTW!

Unfortunately, Mike, a lot of the older SA~CD.net and now HRAudio.net links are obsolete and will unfortunately lead you to what is left in stock ..... RBCDs!

Buyer Beware!
Ooh..that is a very useful heads up Ralpie.
I must admit, I've been caught out more than once thinking I'm getting an SACD and a CD turns up...:rolleyes:

The Lawrence Juber Release is stellar ...imo
I'm a huge fan of Mark Waldrep and all that he does for our beloved pastime.

The multichannel SACD is very rare and expensive.
How is the mix?
To my ears Beefy it has a fair bit going on in them all important rears.
I would rate this release as an 8 overall.
Yes it is rare and expensive, I was very lucky to find a copy a while ago...just got round to listening to it.
I have read other posts, where folk are not impressed with this release....to my lug holes, it's a keeper.
Excuse me, while my head is still giving it max to Status Quo!!:rocks:rocks:rocks
Wonder why no Quo in surround? :unsure:

Just received Ayreon - The Source - my first impression is that the mix is not as dynamic as I hoped , but its a nice package with great booklet and DVD has some good interviews etc...

Last edited:
Listening to this for the third time. Just to state I bought the SACD version. After hearing a lot of is PCM Better or DSD and doing some A-B testing realised DSD on my Denon 8500H which does Auro3D, Atmos etc is better.When you can I think its better to keep things in their Native form.
Anyway I have to report this is by far the best I have heard Marvin. It has unbelieval BASS didnt think early Motown had this Bass , the start of "Your Precious Love" unreal.
Tammis voice in Mountain is directly in between both rear speakers. Bongos on Grapevine go from rear left to rear right and back again its amazing. I have voted this one a 10 love the music, love the surround. What more can you ask for other than more Marvin please.

Attachments

• marvin.jpg
    marvin.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Back