Music DVD Poll Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD "Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - poor mix, visuals & presentation

• 1 - waste of plastic

• Total voters
I thought I had purchased the latest version of STOP MAKING SENSE some months back to replace the older PALM video BD~V but just came across this tidbit of info on blu ray.com. Apparently a newer version prepared by Cinedigm was released on February 25, 2020 with NO FURTHER DETAILS at this time:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stop-Making-Sense-Blu-ray/264611/

Huh. Maybe it's a US version of the 2016 Second Sight BDA (which was technically a UK release, even though it was region-free)? (See also Blu-Ray.com.) As I understand it, this was an upgrade--improved/restored video--over the 2009 Palm Pictures release.

Last edited:
Huh. A US version of the 2016 Second Sight BDA (which was technically a UK release, even though it was region-free)? As I understand it, this was an upgrade--improved/restored video--over the Palm Pictures release.

Exactly, humprof.....that's the version I purchased about 3 months ago from Deep Discount for under $10 and I thought the picture was much improved over the older PALM BD~V and the sound was superb!

Hopefully, blu ray.com will review this latest Cinedigm BD~V soon.

Amazon shows a Blu-Ray released on 2/25/20 for $30.38 but there are no details about this new release just reviews from the old version. I would like to know more about it.

Amazon shows a Blu-Ray released on 2/25/20 for $30.38 but there are no details about this new release just reviews from the old version. I would like to know more about it.

I just checked with Hi Def Digest's new release schedule and it appears to be the same Second Sight BD~V [with improved picture/sound] released a few years ago and erroneously lists it as a 25th Anniversary edition from PALM video which was released in 2009. I paid under $10 recently for that Second Sight B~V and doubtful considering the original film elements it could really be improved upon.

BTW, I have NO idea what cameras were utilized to film the event [film or Digital?] but I do know it was one of the first times a 24 track digital recorder was used to tape the event which, IMO, resulted in stellar audio!

Last edited:
I just checked with Hi Def Digest's new release schedule and it appears to be the same Second Sight BD~V [with improved picture/sound] released a few years ago and erroneously lists it as a 25th Anniversary edition from PALM video which was released in 2009. I paid under $10 recently for that Second Sight B~V and doubtful considering the original film elements it could really be improved upon.

BTW, I have NO idea what cameras were utilized to film the event [film or Digital?] but I do know it was one of the first times a 24 track digital recorder was used to tape the event which, IMO, resulted in stellar audio!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088178/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec

Back