Is $350 a Good Price for an Oppo 103?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All things considered, I think that's a fair price if you plan on ripping SACDs. If you don't need that option, there may well be cheaper players that provide the same everyday functionality. I don't know whether that's the case. But if you don't need SACD-ripping capability, feel free to shop around. Otherwise, go ahead and buy the OPPO :)

Looks like a steal of a deal, they seem to be going for twice that price!

Not the 103's. $350 is a fair priice on both ends. The 105 goes for twice that and the 105D goes for twice that plus $200...

All things considered, I think that's a fair price if you plan on ripping SACDs. If you don't need that option, there may well be cheaper players that provide the same everyday functionality. I don't know whether that's the case. But if you don't need SACD-ripping capability, feel free to shop around. Otherwise, go ahead and buy the OPPO :)

There are some other features besides ripping that really sets it apart. Mainly the two HDMI inputs and the multichannel streaming, UPnP.

There are some other features besides ripping that really sets it apart. Mainly the two HDMI inputs and the multichannel streaming, UPnP.
So will I be able to stream multichannel through JRiver? Been streaming through my NR656 but that want so multichannel streaming. If so that will be great!

So will I be able to stream multichannel through JRiver? Been streaming through my NR656 but that want so multichannel streaming. If so that will be great!

Streaming local content? I Use Plex for server.

I liked my 103 for MC, but for stereo playback I was never that thrilled. Bumped up to a Topping D50 for 2-channel (from JRiver) and am happy.

I ended up with a 105D and found it a tad better in the MC dept. now I’m satisfied for a while.

103s are great because they are ripper machines and they are lower cost entry level Oppo players.

Back