Comments Inspired By Who, The - QUADROPHENIA (complete) [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.....It sucks, I paid £62.24 originally for the box and now only $22.03 for the BD. The box set is nice, but not that nice. I will just toss the Blu-ray in the box.

Dennis - the last time I checked, you live 10 minutes from my house (here in the U.S.). Did you really just say you paid £62.24? Maybe we need to go to the pub for a pint and some chips!

Dennis - the last time I checked, you live 10 minutes from my house (here in the U.S.). Did you really just say you paid £62.24? Maybe we need to go to the pub for a pint and some chips!

I ordered the box set from Amazon UK. I'm in for the beer though!

Post #6
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...xcerpts)-DVD-A&p=137208&viewfull=1#post137208

Back on topic; I will post my thoughts on the blu-ray soon. I need to listen to the whole thing a few times first.

I finally received mine yesterday and listened straight thru only 1 time so far. I must say that I have to strongly disagree with anyone who has given this a 10. The mix is very inconsistent and really lacks the punch and balls of the stereo mix. Some songs sound good and other not so much. For instance the segue from The Real Me into Quadrophenia has always been really dramatic here it's just totally dull. As mentioned already the vocals in places are too low. I don't know if it's just me but some of the parts sound a bit misaligned as well, like not syncing properly.

I give it a 6.

Glad somebody else speaks sense.

Any one else have a terrible skipping/flutter problem while playing the 1973 stereo track? Mine has digi flutter thru the entire stereo track. Sending it back to Amazon for replacement.

I've had the Blu-Ray Audio of Quadrophenia for over a month now and have listened to it at least three times. What I am about to say isn't easy for me as the music itself is a personal favorite. It sounds thin to me and almost pieced together and the only reason it hasn't been played more often is that it becomes sonically unpleasant after a short time. My set-up isn't top notch but I have very few discs that disappoint in this way. I'm not running a sub yet but many discs including plenty of DVD-A, DTS-CD and SACD give acceptable and enjoyable bass. I read a post that mentioned AVR settings and Blu's but can't find it so I'm wondering if that might be the problem. For reference I have all the SW as well as the Marley Legend Blu and they sound fine. I won't vote on this one until satisfied it isn't equipment related.

Edit: Also Gentle Giant Power And The Glory on BluRay is extraordinary.

I've had the Blu-Ray Audio of Quadrophenia for over a month now and have listened to it at least three times. What I am about to say isn't easy for me as the music itself is a personal favorite. It sounds thin to me and almost pieced together and the only reason it hasn't been played more often is that it becomes sonically unpleasant after a short time. My set-up isn't top notch but I have very few discs that disappoint in this way. I'm not running a sub yet but many discs including plenty of DVD-A, DTS-CD and SACD give acceptable and enjoyable bass. I read a post that mentioned AVR settings and Blu's but can't find it so I'm wondering if that might be the problem. For reference I have all the SW as well as the Marley Legend Blu and they sound fine. I won't vote on this one until satisfied it isn't equipment related.

Edit: Also Gentle Giant Power And The Glory on BluRay is extraordinary.

I agree with you.

Hey. I got the HFPA when it was first released last year. unfortunately, it wouldn't load into my BDP-83. Then I cleaned it several times and then it would load, but only the Dolby 5.1 would play. Then, during that playback, I had several dropouts. So, I returned it. Anybody know what the issue was? And if I purchased it once more now (and from whom?), would I get a "Fixed" disc? Thanks.

Hey. I got the HFPA when it was first released last year. unfortunately, it wouldn't load into my BDP-83. Then I cleaned it several times and then it would load, but only the Dolby 5.1 would play. Then, during that playback, I had several dropouts. So, I returned it. Anybody know what the issue was? And if I purchased it once more now (and from whom?), would I get a "Fixed" disc? Thanks.
Go into the menus & turn off secondary audio. You will now be able to access the hi-rez tracks. When you play a blu-ray with picture in picture audio, just go back in & turn it on. Just remember to turn it off again.

I moved all of the Vegas posts to its own dedicated thread for further discussion, because as a reminder, all posts relating to subject matter that do not directly relate to the high-res disc at hand are to be kept OUT of the poll threads.

Just picked this up from JB Hi-Fi. It did not have the red sticker, but rather wrapped in plastic with a JB Hi-Fi logo in the plastic (not a sticker).

IMG_1926.jpgIMG_1927.jpg

Just picked this up from JB Hi-Fi. It did not have the red sticker, but rather wrapped in plastic with a JB Hi-Fi logo in the plastic (not a sticker).

Yeah JB still has some hard to get ones too - they in Australia and sometimes takes a while to get out the order - but it does get here to the USA

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/?q=pure audio&

Got my Deep Purple- Made in Japan - Supertramp - Breakfast in America (Stereos) and an extra copy of Quadrophenia (MCH) all for regular retail about 5 or 6 months ago.

So what is the story on why we now have a complete 5.1 representation of all the tracks and the Director's Cut in 2011 only had 8?
I thought I read at the time that the masters were lost. Did they resurface or was it a money grab?
They ran out of time and rushed the incomplete mix into the bog box just to get it all to market is the story I gathered. Tapes were never claimed to be lost, but the implication was it would or might not ever be completed. Lake in commercial potential and lack of interest from Pete.

So glad that they reconsidered.

Posted this almost 6 years ago and never got an answer. Anyone???

Any one else have a terrible skipping/flutter problem while playing the 1973 stereo track? Mine has digi flutter thru the entire stereo track. Sending it back to Amazon for replacement.

Posted this almost 6 years ago and never got an answer. Anyone???

This was the first disc back in 2014 that I had a big problem with. It would not play, the drive in the player would ramp up about 3 times and stop with Unknown Disc on panel.
I returned to Amazon 4 times, I had to have a copy that worked, I talked to someone in the industry and long story short.
Take a piece of fine grit sandpaper and sand the inside of hole on disc, just a little, maybe a little more if you need to. The answer was told to me that some times the hole pressings are just too tight for certain players.
This has happened to me two times since and always works.
Your problem might be different than mine but doesn't sound like my experience would hurt.

Back