Just ordered the Involve Surround Master!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have just the sq decoder eval board...any comments on its performance? seems like a worthwhile purchase for the money.

Does anyone have just the sq decoder eval board...any comments on its performance? seems like a worthwhile purchase for the money.

I was wondering how it compares to this one included in the limited vinyl box?

Its electronically the same, just slightly different layout. Same performance as the fully built SM

ordering now. I heard about Quad when I was I kid. It was like audio myth. People had heard about it but we never knew someone who had it. We hooked up 4 speakers to our stereos to surround ourselves (the cancelation issues were unknown to us).

Mine arrived earlier this week. I may be the first.
I cannot make any comparisons to other known SQ decoders having never owned any, but it seems to perform as stated
by other members in post across the board.
I'm personally enjoying it very much.
My only concern is after unplugging and A/B with the QS/Involve unit, I notice a substantial volume drop.
As for the QS/Involve unit, I'll probably never touch Dolby Pro II again. On the right material this unit puts
a smile on my face.

I have to say after my experience with the Chucky and Dave, these guys are top notch, and go out of their way to
help and accommodate surround fans. You can "detect" their love of the format and their excitement in introducing
others.

Thanks Guys!

Nup, its a bit too low in amps, need close to 1 amp. Sorry. We do offer the correct supply for $10 I think
Yep. I should have ordered with the unit. $40.00 to ship the adapter only to US. Australia is far and I understand the shipping price. My thinking was one of what seems like hundreds of power supplies I have accumulated over the years would work. No such luck.

Yep. I should have ordered with the unit. $40.00 to ship the adapter only to US. Australia is far and I understand the shipping price. My thinking was one of what seems like hundreds of power supplies I have accumulated over the years would work. No such luck.
I am sure you will find a suitable one locally, good luck!

Is the v2 available at all anymore? I’ve scoured these threads and noticed that all of the initial posts are at least two years old. Involve Audios website says “available on backorder” (?) Id just like some sort of confirmation this is available before I send in $600. Otherwise I’m trying to get ahold of another SQ-W. Any leads are appreciated.

Sam

Is the v2 available at all anymore? I’ve scoured these threads and noticed that all of the initial posts are at least two years old. Involve Audios website says “available on backorder” (?) Id just like some sort of confirmation this is available before I send in $600. Otherwise I’m trying to get ahold of another SQ-W. Any leads are appreciated.

Sam
Hi Sam

Its just delayed because our Chinese manufacture is months behind due to the Corona Virus, I am told they will be sending the boards to us in another week or two. The Corona virus has also stuffed up the basic component supply chain causing long waits on chips and stuff. No panic in ordering if you don't want to lash out the $$$$ right now, they are only around 40% committed right now. I will inform everyone when we are close.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Sam

Its just delayed because our Chinese manufacture is months behind due to the Corona Virus, I am told they will be sending the boards to us in another week or two. The Corona virus has also stuffed up the basic component supply chain causing long waits on chips and stuff. No panic in ordering if you don't want to lash out the $$$$ right now, they are only around 40% committed right now. I will inform everyone when we are close.

Regards

Chucky
David sent an email that detailed the same thing. Thanks for your reply too, though.

Back