ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us in North America (unless you're in Arizona)......

jump.jpg

:p :ROFLMAO:

I have to confess, this is one of the oddest Hi-Res reissue I've come across. For $24.98, you may now own a 192-24 version of Ira Ashley - Listen To Your Stars: An Astrological Guide To Your Horoscope. Here's the kicker, you can listen to the complete album on YouTube for free. Just look how bored the naked lady on the cover is. That's a dead giveaway to how you'll feel too.

Kooky Man, kooky. o_O

R-5134401-1385420197-5861.jpeg.jpg

So got some Smooooth Jazz yesterday, Half speed mastered RTI pressing numbered ltd, listing for a pretty penny on Discogs
should be enjoyed with a sip Crown Royal for best results. 🥃

karrin Allyson.jpg

How the heck have I not heard of this band? Fanny....seems they were functional from around 1969-1975 or so. Just love the way they sound. Something tells me Quad Linda probably knows them!

Here is a remake they did of Marvin Gaye song. If you're impatient, the actual song starts at the 1:39 mark.

Steven Wilson - To The Bone BluRay
BluRay includes a stereo instrumental version of the complete album. A very different experience listening to the tracks with all vocals removed. I really like it, just wish they had done it in mch.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 160
Steven Wilson - To The Bone BluRay
BluRay includes a stereo instrumental version of the complete album. A very different experience listening to the tracks with all vocals removed. I really like it, just wish they had done it in mch.
Wilson seems to include instrumental versions of all surround releases he’s involved with, but they’re always in stereo which is a bummer. Since he mainly uses the center channel for vocals, maybe 4.1 instrumental versions wouldn’t be too difficult to arrive at once the 5.1 mix is complete?

Wilson seems to include instrumental versions of all surround releases he’s involved with, but they’re always in stereo which is a bummer. Since he mainly uses the center channel for vocals, maybe 4.1 instrumental versions wouldn’t be too difficult to arrive at once the 5.1 mix is complete?
I just upsample stereo to 5.1 using Auro 3D or 2D depending on what I prefer. ;)

Last edited:
Cryan' Shames!

One of the great late '60's Chicago bands.

Check out A Scratch in the Sky and the Sugar and Spice album, not compilation. Their first two albums. Genius!

I'd put both in my top 100.

Scratch has a different version of Mr. Unreliable.

Sundazed did both albums on CD. I also have UK mono CD's of both.

This particular song sounds absolutely stunning. Once in a while, you find an older tune that just rocks, and the fidelity is off the charts. This is one...

View attachment 47238

Cryan' Shames!

One of the great late '60's Chicago bands.

Check out A Scratch in the Sky and the Sugar and Spice album, not compilation. Their first two albums. Genius!

I'd put both in my top 100.

Scratch has a different version of Mr. Unreliable.

Sundazed did both albums on CD. I also have UK mono CD's of both.

The Pride of Hinsdale, Illinois.
Hey Moulty!

The late 60s was garage band heaven, and the Chicago catalog giants Sears and Montgomery Ward were the Amazon of the time.
(My first electric guitar and amp came from Sears.)
But Wards had the Cryan Shames as endorsers.

The sound is big!
The sound is now!
The sound is Wards!
o_O

ValcoAmpMontgomeryWard_h6byfe.jpg

Back