Renaissance - “Turn of the Cards” reissue with 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now 35.21 at amazon.ca so I ordered as well.

That was what I paid, and it is actually better for us that the price wasn't 22 cents less than that because the free shipping threshold is CDN$35.
I don't want to give them ideas, but they should probably lower the price to CDN$34.99 and customers would have to add a second disk to avoid paying for postage.

I made the unfortunate decision to cancel my preorder for this title.
It's not that I don't want it or I don't like the music, but with all the uncertainty (and disease) in the air right now, I'm gonna wait and purchase this title when things stabilize a little more.
I don't think it will sell out anytime soon.

:)

Lovely recording.
But for the discerning listener, I think this was mixed by someone who is more used to stereo mixing...as I'm hearing lots of reverb and echo.
There is separation but too limited in its use. Annie's voice should not be in every speaker!!
Its clearly front centered but the instruments and singing need clearer mixing.
There we are that's my first impression.
Take for instance Cold is Being...her voice is more prominent in the rears with organ front and centre...but everything still echoes around my speakers...grr.
Dont you just want to get the surround mixer and get them to listen to the true maestro's of this art.
By all means it's not a disaster but....It could have been tons better. I hope someone can say they hear differently to me...and I'm just spoilt with too much Vocalion goodness. 😊

Oh dear what have I done...🤐
I'm still pleased I have this release...
Probably give it between a 7 and an 8, overall.
hahaha - heck, don't worry. I'm keeping my order........what the heck. Someone has to say the first words about opinion......I remember when one of the Rush albums came out, I love it...and many others ended up NOT liking it.

hahaha - heck, don't worry. I'm keeping my order........what the heck. Someone has to say the first words about opinion......I remember when one of the Rush albums came out, I love it...and many others ended up NOT liking it.
Always daunting to be the first to give an opinion. But can only give an honest view .
Its OK Gene I've got broad shoulders, trouble is they are joining everything else that's getting broad!! 😀

Back