Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything and everything Monty Python
Everything George Carlin released
First 2 Star Wars movies (They changed all the numbers with all these cheesy remakes... I mean 1977 & 1980.)
5th Element
NASA archives from the Apollo missions

For some reason I feel like I've been rewatching Idiocracy on endless loop recently.

Oh yeah, Bond movies. Easily saw all the Connery Bond more than 5 times!
Some of the more recent times action stuff is good but haven't seen them 5 times over. Those Bourn movies were decent. I remember something called Edge of Tomorrow (I think) that I wanted to watch again too. Some of the Arnold movies like True Lies are absolutely hilarious self parody too.
Probably only up to 3 viewings but Tarantino movies like Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained should be mentioned.

Last edited:
For me it’s:
Shawshank Redemption
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Excalaber
The Matrix
Wizard of Oz
Easy Money
2001 A Space Odyssey
Baby Driver (Love the soundtrack)
Legends of the Fall
First Men in the Moon

Last edited:
This is great! Keep them coming. It's a perfect time to be reminded of great movies we might have forgotten about now that there's a lot of time for sitting around watching stuff for a lot of us.

Good Job All!!!

For me:
Shawshank Redemption (seems to be a forum fave)
Godfathers I and II
Most Quentin Tarantino movies but especially Inglorious bastards
Dazed and Confused
Almost Famous
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
This is Spinal Tap

I’m sure I’m forgetting a few.
Others I’ve seen more than 5 times but probably don’t need to see again:
Caddyshack
Animal House
A Christmas Story

Also, there’s a good podcast called The Rewatchables that covers many of these movies and goes into a deep (but fun) discussion about what makes them so easy to rewatch.

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. One of my brother and mine favorites from our youth. I bought the Classic Monsters Blu-Ray box set and it came with 3 (count 'em, 3) copies of A&CMF... One in the Frankenstein collection, one in the Wolfman collection and one in the Dracula collection since all 3 monsters are in it. All the movies in the collection were restored, so no lines, spots, etc. The sound is glorious MONO and sounds great. 🧛‍♂️

Edit: Forgot to add this piece of trivia... This was the only time on film Béla Lugosi reprised the role he had created in Dracula (1931).

Last edited:
My favourite movie: Field of Dreams
This movie rules. I've got the 4K as yet unwatched with about 60 other recent purchases that are creating a backlog. Won't be making any purchases for a while though so plenty of time to get through them all.

Wonder if they'll ever make a horror sequel? Field of Screams! Hmmm, maybe not.

Leon: The Professional (Directors Cut) - What a performance by Gary Oldman!
Yes! It's my favourite Gary Oldman performance. What a character. Everyone loves Norman. EVERYONE!!!

I've got a couple of my other Luc Besson favourites yet to be watched on Blu-ray. They just arrived before New Zealand's lock-down. Subway and The Big Blue.

Back