3D TV Is Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, one of the very best LIVE action remakes of a Disney Classic superbly reimagined in wondrous 3D and AmazonUK has it for £7.29!https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauty-and...ag=bluraycom-21&linkCode=xm2&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

817GWX6pKzL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I had resisted purchasing this film due to lackluster reviews but AmazonUS was 'blowing it out' for under $12 so I took the plunge. Glad I did. LOVED the 3D and the 5.1 [24/48] soundtrack was immersive. This was reviewed poorly by blu~ray.com back in 2014 prior to LG's OLED 3D TV launch and I could understand why the reviewer wasn't 'wowed' by the Native 3D digital cinematography [which BTW was gorgeous] but on my OLED TV it was pretty spectacular.

A GREAT HALLOWEEN FLICK

See the source image

91HOD8pPTcL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
ALITA was a very fun 3-D experience. The recent price drop on the 4K/3D combo makes this one a no brainer.

PARASITE is classic 1980s deeeep 3-D that has no issues having things coming far out of the screen.
(The plot is certainly not that deep, but the 3-D sure is ;))

I picked Alita up as a black Friday buy saw it in the theater. The story is a little too teenage but great visuals and you cant help but warm to the main character.

Being the Granddaughters are over for the holiday, we've been catching up on a bunch of 3D movies I've bought for the last 2 years. We all really liked the newest spin of The Grinch, very nice, Dolby Atmos on this release but not a Steelbook 🤨. Last night was a Steelbook of Toy Story 4, again a good movie the animations top notch, colors vivid and impressive on my TOTL 2016 LG OLED E6P picture on glass screen. The Toy Story 4 up to 7.1 but no DAtmos, but Neural X sounded just fine.......... 2, 3D movies recommended by 11 year old twins and 18 and 16 year olds. (Girls) 🤪 patience hasn't run out yet.
Tomorrow the newest release of the Lion King will be viewed.......

Being the Granddaughters are over for the holiday, we've been catching up on a bunch of 3D movies I've bought for the last 2 years. We all really liked the newest spin of The Grinch, very nice, Dolby Atmos on this release but not a Steelbook 🤨. Last night was a Steelbook of Toy Story 4, again a good movie the animations top notch, colors vivid and impressive on my TOTL 2016 LG OLED E6P picture on glass screen. The Toy Story 4 up to 7.1 but no DAtmos, but Neural X sounded just fine.......... 2, 3D movies recommended by 11 year old twins and 18 and 16 year olds. (Girls) 🤪 patience hasn't run out yet.
Tomorrow the newest release of the Lion King will be viewed.......
Link for The Grinch?

Thanks. Practically free with points.
Such a good movie. Waaaaay better than the Jim Carey one...

Looked at reviews for just the Blu-Ray version and can't believe the negatives because it didn't follow fully the original storyline completely. We all thought this was way better, not a dark scare the kids holiday style movie.
Oh well to each their own......3D makes it pop with the colors.

Looked at reviews for just the Blu-Ray version and can't believe the negatives because it didn't follow fully the original storyline completely. We all thought this was way better, not a dark scare the kids holiday style movie.
Oh well to each their own......3D makes it pop with the colors.
I've got the original from when I was a kid. I like the differences in this one. Glad I'll have it in subsequent years!

Thanks 4ears. When you go to the site it says it's not shipping to this region and all used copies put in the basket say the same thing.
But I was able to do a buy it now and the sale went through. I will see if it actually ships here next month.

So So in 2D but Spectacular in REAL 3D [Universal] The Transfer is PHENOMENOL! ONLY £3.29 @ AmazonUK [Region FREE]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0090JBFE2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

91MdiFWcxSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Gotta love the Bridges/Reynolds duo. I had never heard of this movie so I checked around. Everything I read was very negative. What's your opinion besides the 3D? Of course some of my fave movies are cult odd ball things that aren't block busters. I even like Sucker Punch.....

FWIW I have ocular strabismus. Two good 20/20 eyes that need front end alignment. I can't see depth correctly in movies or real life. Going down stairs can be tricky for example & don't ever toss anything breakable to me!

Gotta love the Bridges/Reynolds duo. I had never heard of this movie so I checked around. Everything I read was very negative. What's your opinion besides the 3D? Of course some of my fave movies are cult odd ball things that aren't block busters. I even like Sucker Punch.....

FWIW I have ocular strabismus. Two good 20/20 eyes that need front end alignment. I can't see depth correctly in movies or real life. Going down stairs can be tricky for example & don't ever toss anything breakable to me!

It's actually a CULT Favorite [with the 3D it's spectacularly executed] of mine along the lines of Men In Black and Bridges is OVER THE TOP. Very entertaining and at the asking price of under £4, a NO BRAINER! A 2D Region Free BD~V is also included ........

It's actually a CULT Favorite [with the 3D it's spectacularly executed] of mine along the lines of Men In Black and Bridges is OVER THE TOP. Very entertaining and at the asking price of under £4, a NO BRAINER! A 2D Region Free BD~V is also included ........
I rented this to sample on VUDU & loved it. It is, perhaps, almost plageristic of Men in Black in some spots but over all great fun. I knew it would be a blast to watch with my son in laws so I quick placed an order with Amazon for the 2D BD.Ordered on Mar 29 sez delivery my April 19th. I look forward to seeing whatever goodies & extras are on it. Thanks for the tip!

Back