Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, hell yes! This is one of my all-time favorite songs from America. And, well...the surround version is a STUD!

1585620451122.png

I just wanted to give a tip of the hat to everyone who's been posting in this thread lately, especially the Master Blaster, @Clement, for providing some listening inspiration.

Even as immaculately curated and perfectly tagged as my digital music collection is, it's grown to such a size that sometimes it's hard to find a "way in," and this thread has definitely been a cure for that lately. Whether it's been listening to something that someone's posted here, or a post here reminding me of something else in my collection with some kind of esoteric connection, it's been nice to have some reminders of some of the "bottom of the stack" stuff that needs to be dusted off and spun again.

Rockin' After Midnight

View attachment 48278 Marvin Gaye Midnight Love

POLL

wasn't totally bowled over with the rip i'd heard of this, not bad surround, just a fairly weak album. i'll open the real thing and give it another shot.. adding Sean's channel adjustment recommendations if its still underwhelming 👍

I just wanted to give a tip of the hat to everyone who's been posting in this thread lately, especially the Master Blaster, @Clement, for providing some listening inspiration.

Even as immaculately curated and perfectly tagged as my digital music collection is, it's grown to such a size that sometimes it's hard to find a "way in," and this thread has definitely been a cure for that lately. Whether it's been listening to something that someone's posted here, or a post here reminding me of something else in my collection with some kind of esoteric connection, it's been nice to have some reminders of some of the "bottom of the stack" stuff that needs to be dusted off and spun again.

for a way in to the bottom of the stack, say hello to Crisco!

🍑💦🍌😁

let me take you by the hand and lead you down

Ammonia Avenue

where the wine flows like.. wine? 🍷

View attachment 48300

(if we make it through this corona craziness, i shall do some dusting. for now i shall make like Quentin Crisp and say; BALLS TO THE DUST!!) 😂

cheers my lovers 🍻

ps. just on Since The Last Goodbye and despite the sound veering on the bright side of things, i'm really really enjoying the surround mix! 🥰
bravo Mr. Parsons you've done it again! wonder if he'd like to take up the multichannel mixing mantle and do some surround mixes of other artists if Mr. Scheiner has gone into full retirement!? 🤔

Back