Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See the source image

Watched many times...

Sleepy Hollow is the most successful film of Tim Burton IMHO. His unique & delightful gothic imagery isn’t always given a solid film to support it, but in this one his filmmaking skills match his creative genius.

But my favorite film of his is probably Ed Wood
Martin Landau is superb as Bela Lugosi. 🧛‍♂️🥀

Last edited:
I've literally probably seen it 5 times just trying to understand it and I still don't. lol
(Re: 12 Monkeys) I'd add that in an extremely rare occurrence, the TV series (and its commendably original variation on the original plotline) was as good as the movie. (That almost NEVER happens.)

Martin Landau is superb as Bela Lugosi. 🧛‍♂️🥀

Yes!! That movie is such a guilty pleasure even if it's not entirely accurate. My favorite line from Martin Landau in that one:

"Karloff?"
"Side kick?"
"FUCK-A YOU! That Limey Cock-sucker doesn't deserve to smell my shit!!"

:ROFLMAO: First time I watched that movie, I probably wore the DVD out by re-watching that scene. GREAT acting on Landau's part. He goes from zero to Bat-Shit in 2.9 seconds. 🤣
Again, even if his portrayal of Bela wasn't entirely accurate, it was a great caricature of the man and is probably more suitable to the movie, anyway. He certainly deserved the Oscar for that one.

For me, the resident PetroSexual.... it's 70's Road movies:

Two-Lane Blacktop
Vanishing Point
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry
Speedtrap
Smokey & the Bandit
Cannonball!
The Gumball Rally
Stingray
Moonrunners
The Last American Hero

Honorable mentions go to: Thunderbolt & Lightfoot, Easy Rider & Bullitt.
The 70s sure had the best car chases. This one is a demolition derby!! LOL :ROFLMAO:

Strange Shadows in an Empty Room (1976)

I don't think I have watched The Best Offer 5 times, but I sure will.

It could be the only recent (past 10 or 20 years) movie I have really enjoyed. They don't make movies for me anymore.

I think this thread has turned into a "Name a great movie to watch" instead of "What had you watched 5 times and would still watch".

Still, it's a fun thread. Learning something new every page

Back