Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too late! 😱
to save ourselves from faaaaaaaaaal-ling 😂
Like you, ahem
I was too busy faaaaaaaaling for Miss James

Strike a Light, that was 40 years ago!!

Attachments

• sallyjames2.jpg
    sallyjames2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 79
Reading Pete Townsend's autobiography and listening to The Who: Tommy. Original 2013 EU 24-track Blu-Ray Pure Audio disc. High Fidelity Pure Audio uses Blu-ray technology to deliver uncompressed music. Two different sound formats are available: 2.0 stereo PCM and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, with minimum 24-bit/96kHz.

I always found this series, which included the Stones' Exile on Main Street and Marvin Gaye's What's going On, to sound a bit anemic. Anyone else own any of these titles in this Universal series.
thewho.jpg

Reading Pete Townsend's autobiography and listening to The Who: Tommy. Original 2013 EU 24-track Blu-Ray Pure Audio disc. High Fidelity Pure Audio uses Blu-ray technology to deliver uncompressed music. Two different sound formats are available: 2.0 stereo PCM and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, with minimum 24-bit/96kHz.

I always found this series, which included the Stones' Exile on Main Street and Marvin Gaye's What's going On, to sound a bit anemic. Anyone else own any of these titles in this Universal series.View attachment 48722
And welcome to this merry band of surrounded by who nose who!!
Anemic you say?
Can't say I do.

Last edited:

I always found this series, which included the Stones' Exile on Main Street and Marvin Gaye's What's going On, to sound a bit anemic. Anyone else own any of these titles in this Universal series.View attachment 48722
Welcome, atomicdog! I don't own the Stones or Gaye discs, but I would LOVE to hear those releases in surround! Man, I'd love some George Clinton in surround as well! How's that autobiography? I think of Townsend as a graceful prose stylist. Peace

Welcome, atomicdog! I don't own the Stones or Gaye discs, but I would LOVE to hear those releases in surround! Man, I'd love some George Clinton in surround as well! How's that autobiography? I think of Townsend as a graceful prose stylist. Peace

in these times of isolation every one should get a little Stone(d), get yer rocks off and maybe try going Gaye for a while 🤷‍♀️

Anemic: A condition in which the blood doesn't have enough healthy red blood cells.
They, the Blu Ray Audios (BD-A) do sound bright at times because of the lack of good bass. Not all the time but sometimes. The new BD-A Alan Parsons sounds great. I think Quadrophenia BD-A sounds better than Tommy BD-A.

Back