What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found for a song on Amazon Marketplace. A signed copy, yet! (By Manze, not Ludwig.) "Big ambiance"--feels fairly immersive. Great performance. Someone on the classical thread recommended it recently; whoever it was: Thanks!

IMG_20200305_125504003.jpg

Please don't. It's really a sickness on my part. I already have the stereo single layer SACD and the multichannel single layer SACD, so this multichannel hybrid is really just a repeat of those 2 SACDs. But noooooooo....the completist in me must have it.

Again, it's a sickness.

Sounds like me and my copies of T. Rex's ELECTRIC WARRIOR 🙄.

No im not. It was implied incorrectly that Post Office salaries are paid from Taxes collected from your paycheck. Does the post office need to get bailed out every year in the past decade or so....YES. Its the worst managed company I can think of...I worked there.....BUT...if it wasn't mismanaged and they weren't operating in the red Taxpayers would not be paying for anything. Guess the original poster will be telling Auto Workers, Airline Employees, Casual Dining, Bartenders etc that she is paying their salaries too due to bailouts in the near future.

No im not. It was implied incorrectly that Post Office salaries are paid from Taxes collected from your paycheck. Does the post office need to get bailed out every year in the past decade or so....YES. Its the worst managed company I can think of...I worked there.....BUT...if it wasn't mismanaged and they weren't operating in the red Taxpayers would not be paying for anything. Guess the original poster will be telling Auto Workers, Airline Employees, Casual Dining, Bartenders etc that she is paying their salaries too due to bailouts in the near future.

Actually, the post office loses money because of a law passed in 2006 that required them to pre fund its pensions for the next 75 years.

Actually, the post office loses money because of a law passed in 2006 that required them to pre fund its pensions for the next 75 years.
That's correct and VERY old news. The majority of the pension goes to people that started working at the post office when it was still "Civil Service". That ended around 1984. Anybody that started after 1984/85 now has a different retirement plan and most of it is funded thru a 401K type plan (Thrift Savings plan) where the post office matches a low % like most companies do now. The bulk of current employees are now responsible for their own retirement unlike in the past.

That's correct and VERY old news. The majority of the pension goes to people that started working at the post office when it was still "Civil Service". That ended around 1984. Anybody that started after 1984/85 now has a different retirement plan and most of it is funded thru a 401K type plan (Thrift Savings plan) where the post office matches a low % like most companies do now. The bulk of current employees are now responsible for their own retirement unlike in the past.

I appreciate the update

Sphinctour : Ministry (DVD-Audio)

heaven help me! like a chocolate cake i know's gonna nudge me closer to a stroke, i can't resist a cheap DVD-A, even if it's a Silverline :ROFLMAO:

1yei17c.jpeg

actually not that bad for Silverline and being Live.

Definitely some standouts (The Fall) and it's really not a bad mix overall considering the sources for most of the songs were from different venues.

Also, the DVD-A doesn't include the 5.1 Dolby Digital of So What And Stigmata that the DVD does and those two songs are pretty powerful so it's nice to have both versions for the complete tour experience.

Last edited:
Passacaglia - at first listening an almighty disappointment - it simply didn't do anything for me. I will keep trying. It has some really deep bass, but it struck me as lifeless.

91XM9NWqSmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
It needs to be cranked up really loud. But, I agree, it is not the most interesting of content. I need to give it a proper listen though.

Back