Lockdown Viewing Thread: Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USNS Comfort.jpeg

AND A POTENTLY BEAUTIFUL REMINDER THAT WE ARE A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS AND THAT THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMAN SERVING ABOARD THE

USNS COMFORT ARE LIKEWISE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE UNITED TOGETHER FOR A COMMON CAUSE

See the source image

Well, We have, for about 8 months now, been using the 16 seasons of NCIS to fill in the "blanks" in our Schedule. It is nice because there is a mostly swear word free aspect of it that makes it view able to everyone including my 10 year old daughter. Game of Thrones it ain't, but there you go... 384 episodes...on Netflix...Surround Sound DD 5.1 from season 3 onward...

I finally watched "Searching for Silverman" on Netflix and I'm really glad I did. It's like a Disney Rockumentary except Cinderella is actually more believable than this true story.

Just remembered about Billy Friedkin's: Bug (2006) - IMDb

Timely viewing, Tracy Letts' screenplay, Michael Shannon, Ashley Judd and Harry Connick Jr. I've seen it twice and liked it more the second time. It's one of those flicks that grew on me over several years. Looking forward to a third viewing once it gets a decent release.

Although I stopped watching last season, I do have the AGENTS OF SHIELD blu rays and will either watch the new episodes as they appear, or wait and get the final season blu ray.

I actually like Agents of Shield and have watched it through the entire run of the series. However, I have to say that ABC has done a horrible job with it and I can't even believe that anyone but a wacko fan like me would survive the scheduling that have done with it.

I know, I'm old school (and old everything else). Shows used to come out in Sept, take a Christmas break of a week or two tops, then start again and go until spring. These days you never know when the hell a network show is on, when it's gone, is it coming back? Next week? Next month? Next season? Next year?

Shield has been 'in the can' for over a year but it's still not scheduled to air for another 2-3 months. How can there be any fans left who first off will even know it's back, let along give a crap.

The Netflix model is the ticket. Dump the entire season at once and let the viewers watch it when they want. Network TV is a joke. It's no wonder people are cutting the cord left and right and the local affiliates are becoming relics of the past.

There should just be a CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX network channel and let the local affiliates rot.

For you Charlie Haden fans out there, I'm enjoying a documentary called 'Rambling Boy', which you can stream for free 'Until April 5th', so you either have 4.5 or 28.5 hours. Born into a C&W singing family with their own radio show in Missouri, grew up to be an icon of jazz bass- Ornette Coleman, Keith Jarrett, Pat Metheny, Carla Bley, 3 out of 4 of them testifying to his excellence. It's kind of a history of jazz too. Plus his triplet daughters singing in the studio- a rich mix.

There should just be a CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX network channel and let the local affiliates rot.

I guess the whole state of Connecticut is just a giant bedroom for NYC, so for you there is no such thing as local news?

Out here in the rural states the local newspapers are almost dead, so there's still a need for local government, human interest, and weather & sports coverage. I don't think social media is going to fill that hole.

For you Charlie Haden fans out there, I'm enjoying a documentary called 'Rambling Boy', which you can stream for free 'Until April 5th', so you either have 4.5 or 28.5 hours. Born into a C&W singing family with their own radio show in Missouri, grew up to be an icon of jazz bass- Ornette Coleman, Keith Jarrett, Pat Metheny, Carla Bley, 3 out of 4 of them testifying to his excellence. It's kind of a history of jazz too. Plus his triplet daughters singing in the studio- a rich mix.

Watching now for free! :)

Wasn't that the movie / Playboy photo spread that supposedly got Kristofferson in deep doo doo with Rita Coolidge?
I remember it well.
The photos were more explicit than anything in the film.
The story came out later that the Playboy photographer hung around the set and after filming was over for the day got Kris & Rita to have several drinks to get in the mood for some uninhibited posing while he snapped away.
Quite scandalous at the time.

Back